1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Anyone had any trouble with Collect+ and Yodel?

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 26 Sep 2012.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Well-Known Member

Been waiting to take delivery of a parcel sent through collect +.

I check the tracking yesterday and I find that it has arrived in the Bristol depot, so I think cool hopefully it will be delivered today (Wednesday). I check again this morning only to find that it supposedly has been delivered at 20.00 Tuesday night, interesting seeing as I was in Tesco's at that time.

I speak to customer services of both Yodel and collect+ and basically get given the runaround from both of them, blaming each other.

It still hasn't been delivered and after speaking to my neighbor she has the same thing happen last week and it took many phone calls and 4 days before she finally got her delivery.

Yodel don't even seem to have any record of the delivery which is rather concerning.

Yodel delivered to me last week as well so it's not like they can't find me.

ANyone else had any issues?

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yodel NEVER update there tracking if they do it always wrong

I recieved one speaker out of a pair from amazon (amazon fault) and when i checked the tracking it said it was in the midlands, when i got home i had got the delivery of the one speaker.

I complained to amazon and told them maybe my other speaker was in the midlands and the order was accidentally split but she said Yodel are notorious for updating the tracking once and then not bothering.

However i have had packages delivered by them before and no issues

3. fuus

fuus Rocking All Year Christmas

Yodel is an absolutely pathetic service, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Collect+ between stores however has been very successful, with up to date tracking and flawless collection! (not to house, so no Yodel contact)

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Well-Known Member

I've never used Collect+ (heard good things about it though) but Yodel are just ****. I stopped ordering from Amazon since they kept using them and I never got a seamless delivery.

Best thing you can do is keep contacting Yodel and hope they can pull their finger out long enough to find your parcel. I wouldn't hold out much hope though.

5. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

ive always had problems with yodel i paid for a morning service and my stuff turns up at 6pm. Im glad to say the GPU was send via Royal Fail...sorry Royal Mail :worried:

6. CrapBag

I almost guarantee that the gpu you are sending me turns up before this package and it was sent nearly a week ago.

I'd only ever use collect+ now for shop to shop, surely Yodel can't screw that up.

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Yodel is dirt cheap so sadly we'll see more and more businesses using them. Then eventually drop them and move on to a more reliable carrier.

Problem is, we're the sodding guinea pigs. :wallbash:

8. CrapBag

Hmm doorbell just went and guess what.

I received a delivery, was it from Yodel.................NO it was from the person that the numb nuts driver delivered it too.

I have lived in this village for 9 years and I didn't recognize them so god knows where it got delivered to.

All's well that ends well I suppose.

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

used them for a delivery today. Came in the afternoon, picked up with no issues. Got my recipt and tracking no's.

Hopefully should be with my buyers in a day or so.

fingers crossed!

10. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I don't touch Collect+ with a barge pole since they are part of Yodel and I've had nothing but trouble with Yodel over the years. Awful company.

11. st00dent

st00dent Member

Yodel eurgh..... earlier in the year I ordered from Amazon who gave me tracking number. delivery due date came and went and checked the tracking to find it had been delivered and signed for!

Turns out delivery person had gone down side gate and lobbed the parcel over the fence into garden where the parcel was sat for frick knows how many days in my tomato plants!

12. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Never had anything from Yodel or HDNL delivered at a reasonable time always try to deliver at 7-8pm so don't like using them.

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

my iPhone is shipping with them today, You have all filled me with fear of Yodel now. :/ It had better turn up. The tracking system is showing an old delivery in Coventry from 14th sep 2011 :/ Slightly worrying.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

A friend of mine ordered something from Amazon paid for next day delivery (Friday last week) Saturday delivery. As far as I am aware Yodel still haven't delivered.

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Never had an issue with collect+ when sent to a store.

But with yodel 'someone' (delivery driver *cough*) signs for my parcel with a X and then leaves it in the recycling box outside my front door.

Their drivers get paid per parcel delivered so a return trip wouldn't make them any money.

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I. Hate. Yodel.

17. Invictus.

Invictus. Member

With Yodel I noticed it appeared to be a local person delivering in their car.. Had 2 packages from sports direct both through yodel.. SD gave me tracking for a different company (DPD iirc which ofc didn't have the correct tracking on it) So I had it state it was in Manchester then that evening it was delivered by a woman who lived 5 mins away..

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I had a parcel delivered by Yodel about 6 months ago. I ordered a tablet from dixons with next day delivery however it was a day late. When I contacted dixons they claimed it was because the van broke down - I basically think that it got to 5pm and the driver thought 'can't be arsed - I'm off home' and it was delivered the next day...

19. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If they don't turn up I'll ... I'll .... cry :/