1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple reveals iPhone 4 release date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Much more promising than the previous iPhones, tho it took them a while. Definitely worth the cash compared to the iPad, tho compared to an Android phone which is still under half the price without a fidelity contract, tho the OS and build isn't as good, the price difference is still too great.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

July 24th has been marked in my calender as new iPhone day for me. Will be upgrading from a 3G so the new toys should be nice.

4. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff What's a Dremel?

Although the features are much greater on the new iPhone.
    I will continue to use my 3GS which is serving me very well :)

I would of liked to seen the memory increased so the options were 32Gb & 64Gb

BTW although the 3GS is dropping to the lower price point it is also losing memory down to 8Gb

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I'm loving that new screen

6. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Did anyone see the launch when Jobs couldn't get Safari to work? Hilarious!

They ended up asking people to turn off their Wifi on their own phones. Marketing Genius!

7. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

June the 24th Almighty ;)

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i expect the $ symbol to be changed to £ symbol, the figures themselves probably wont change, or they will increase. [sarcasm] because it costs so much more to sell it in the uk [/sarcasm]

9. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

I want one just to dual boot android (and maybe 7 series if they do it lol) cuz im 1337 :D

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

not for me. My contract is up on the 21st of august and I can upgrade up to 1 month earlier than that. The 24th July is the closest Saturday to that. Plus I get paid on the 23rd. Got it all worked out

11. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

My 3G still works so no upgrade for me

12. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

my HTC Desire was free on a £15 a month contract with unlimited data so an iphone would just be a waste of money. Perfectly happy with my HTC and I really cant see the "jagged edges" on the text to want to use the better resolution in the IPhone4.
    I guess the video recording is pretty good, but I am sure it cant beat a proper video camera if you are into that sort of thing.
    Dissapoited to see only a 5mpx camera, every smartphone released over the last 6 months already has a 5mpx camera and some have higher.

13. Kamakazie!

Kamakazie! What's a Dremel?

A dissapointing reveal frankly.
    The resolution bump is nice but the advantages and disadvantagesof LCD vs OLED mean it's not gonna much if anything of an upgrade from any other high end smartphone in the last year or 2 (great for 3G/3GS users who don't want to move to a superior platform though :p)

5mp camera is nothing unusual although the 30fps 720p recording is good (though many other phones do 720p @ 24fps anyway).

Front camera might be useful to some people but video calling will be stupidly restricted to Wifi only (at least to start with).

No real innovation on the software front.

In the mean time, every other manufacturer will continue to provide better hardware specs whilst other OS' close the gap / surpass iOS and the difference in apps store becomes less & less.

It'll still sell about 20m units though no doubt.

14. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

IN august alone. No doubt.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

But they can watch you! *readjusts-tinfoil-hat*

Ummm, what's with the pricing? It means nothing. I can sell you a brand new Mercedes Benz for 1$! (with a contract)*

*no, I'm not mentioning the terms...noo, just read 1$ Mercedes Benz!:D

16. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

It's not the number of pixels that creates a good picture, it's how it's processed that counts. I had an HTC Legend for a while, it just didn't satisfy me like the iphone does. The iphone just does things in a much nicer, easier, simpler and satisfying way. People with other phones keep seeming to have to compare specs with the iphone to get the upper hand. When you own one, you will understand why specs are not all that

17. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

570 available wi-fi networks in that time, no wonder there were problems

18. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

yeah, but it's IPS display which changes a lot in comparison to OLED/AMOLED especially in the sunlight

19. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I'm so happy I don't have a need for a smartphone. I still carry with me a Motorola L6. It does VGA pics, sends SMS and makes phone calls. That is all I need.

But I guess if I did need one, you only have to buy Apple one right? Apple makes the better one? or not? hehe.. see what I mean now?

20. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

WOW new iphone and it looks.....just like the first one. looks nice but I can't have that much radiation nuking my brain. Betcha Steve Jobs never tells you guys about that.

I wonder will they make you guys buy all those apps all over again?

Want to know how much radiation your iphone is giving off? There's an app for that..a Geiger Counter.

Tags: Add Tags