1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Are gaming mats any good?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aracos, 22 Nov 2009.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Everglide Titan, well worth it :)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I know you guys are hard-surface haters, but I'm using an S&S Steelpad here and it's awesome. Even better than the Ratpadz GS it replaced tbh.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

im a very happy user of the Razer eXactMat... wouldn't go back to a none metal mat

4. xrain

xrain Minimodder

I have a certain "soft" spot for mouse mats with a nice and comfy memory foam wrist rest. It keeps my hand from being sore after playing for extended periods of time. Its definitly a ton better than resting your wrist against the edge of the table.

This is sorta similar to what I have:
    http://www.handstands.com/HandStands-Memory-Foam-Mouse-Mat/dp/B002JN6ENI

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

grab a cheap teflon coated baking sheet, if possible one that is already flat, if not you can always cut the edges off if it has some.

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

ifyou dont spend over £20 it well worth it imo, just try not to be sucked into paying morethan that

7. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I have one of these, a Nova Winner, because it's quite small. It's a bit more reliable than running the mouse across grained wood, but the 'glue' on the back is so strong that I can't take it off or it'll pull all the varnish off :(

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

"It's all about opinions, so why bother even asking" ;) Seriously, just go to the store, touch the surfaces and buy which ever you like the most. Sure, some wear faster, some are smoother, but the differences are so small, if you haven't used a mouse pad so far, you won't notice the difference.

Qpad X-TR here. Have also had a fistful of Steelseries, Ulti-mat and other pads. All have worked just fine for me.

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

10. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

You obviously haven't been to inverness before ^_^
    You get a choice of either go to pc world (or it's partner shops) and get ripped off, they don't have any out anyway or buy online and pay a good price. I'll have another look when i wake up and make my decision then

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Currently I use a gooey HP mat that I got free, only reason I'm using it is because it was free and it's all gooey.

I used to use an old envelope, and that's only because my current desk is too shiny and my mouse spazzes everywhere

I've not noticed any difference going from desk to envelope to mat. But then again, I barely have to move my mouse to cross the screen. The main problem I have is hair and stuff getting trapped in front of the laser

pimonserry likes this.
  12. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

I used to think they were only for old timers. I got a free smooth hard mat from World In conflict and loved it but it was small. I got a x trac ripper XL which was HUGE but too soft, bought a Razer Exact Mat with a control and speed surface with a nice memory foam, Washable wrist wrest and i would never go back to desk only.

My mouse is a Logitech G5 R2

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i picked up a mouse mat on ebay that is just as good as my gaming mat and 10% of the price

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I bought an Ice Mat (glass) but it doesn't work too well with a laser mouse, optical is fine however.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Another eXact mat user here and wouldn't go back to soft mats ever.

16. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i got an x trac ripper XL off ebay for like $5 a year ago ... but have never gamed on it. it's my work pad ... i also have an allsop? i think ... big pad ... about 12" x 18" ... with the blue waterdrops on it ... that i use at home for gaming. the x trac is about 1.5mm thick ... the allsop is about 3mm thick, but the allsop's foamy bits are a bit firmer.

unfortunately, i tend to chain smoke while gaming, so i end up washing the mat about once a month. the spandex layer is starting to peel off the neoprene around the edges ...

i use a m$ wireless (2.0 i think?) on the desk ... a logitech nano v450 laptop mouse when it's on the tv (longer range than the m$)

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I wouldn't be without my IceMat, had it for a few years now and would be mortified if it broke, best pad I've ever used.

18. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

+1 for the Razer Destructor. Very nice bit of kit.

Does it make a difference? Probably not if I'm honest, but it looks good!

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

best one ever. I have the Fnatic edition and it's still clean after 2 years and a half of intensive use. I even put it in the washing machine and it came out perfect :D

Last edited: 27 Nov 2009
  20. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

I got a steelseries QCK plaine black A3 size mat i did have it in A4 but it was to small and i have it with a logitech g9 mouse i do well in CSS on the CPC server, anyway its a cheap mat and plus when it wears out and gets grubby i think i will just buy another :)