1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Are gaming mats any good?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aracos, 22 Nov 2009.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I can confirm that the Everglide Titan is better because it's much more durable. The qck+ doesn't live for very long and they are also quite thin (that's a matter of preference however). About 2 years agp I bought one for my cousin 6 months after I got my Titan and his has been greatly damaged for over a year now whereas mine is still at 95% :D

2. tripwired

tripwired Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

+1 for the Everglide Titan (Play.com - £11.99)

Simple, huge cloth mat, looks great in black, my Logitech MX518 with mouseskatez tracks fantastically on it. I prefer the silence and slight friction provided by a a cloth mat over the no-friction-whatsoever hard surfaces. Brilliant as long as you've got the desk space!

Would be interesting to get a poll going to see what the split on hard vs soft pad surfaces is.

3. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Friend gave me this one about 2 years ago, I think. I wasn't very gentle with it and after a few months the lower layer started peeling off so i ripped it off. Used some double-sided ducktape to glue the upper layer to the table and has been performing rather nicely with my MX518 since then. Getting a new one since they're cheap as hell and i can't afford Razer's or Steelseries' ATM. :)

4. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Nothing more annoying than running out of mouse mat space when going for that headshot...

Table > mousemat

5. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I've used my desk since always, I found it relaxing cleaning the gunk off the rollers of my mice with balls and the new lazer mice love my generic wooden tables so screw the mats!

6. racecraft76

racecraft76 Still loves F.E.A.R.

I too have a giant Razer Goliathus mat. I can't rate it enough. Use it for gaming, CAD and photoshop.

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

That's why you get a Goliathus and a high-DPI Razer mouse (like the new Deathadder or the Mamba) :p

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you can't possibly run out of space with a Titan ... If you do it's because you such a slow sensitivity that I feel bad for your shoulder and elbow

9. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

I've had a Func 1030 surface for about 5 years, best one I've ever owned.

The everglide HL Gigantica was good but wore out quite quickly.

At work I use a bit of haircell A.B.S. with a rubber matt on the back to stop it sliding, quite good if I say so myself lol.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i used to think table is fine, until i started collecting dust on the feet of my G5, along with badly scratched mouse feet

now i got some random mousemat by SteelSeries, not sure the exact model. it makes mouse glide ever so effortlessly across it, making it great for long gaming sessions.

as some one said (and improved by me): if you are going to spend more than £20 on a mouse, a good mousemat will ensure the mouse stays new-ish and will provide all the accuracy your mouse offers.

my total cost of pointing devices: £20 for Logitech G5 + £6 for steelseries mousemat. well worth it

11. heavyglow

heavyglow "MEDIC!"

I have a Razer Copperhead and a medium sized Goliathus, perfect combo imo.