1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ARMAGEDDON, THE SUM OF ALL FEARS (COMPLETED!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Dec 2015.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

hi guys, here are a few more updates and I think I am pretty much ready for brekdown now first if all the two side legs are finished and ready for sanding

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then instead of just sticking on some grips i decided to make some mean eye drawer handles that look stern under the front of the desk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i fied hook and chains for the back first top back panel which is also the actual hardware tray later on, it can swing down like a hatch and rest on the two hinges for maintenance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few lil touches and its then breakdown time..

2. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

You mean that?
    [​IMG]

No I'm wrong, you have to reverse engineer that: Man eats -machine give Cheetos not the contrary, but I'm sure Abbas can fix it!
    :D

The desk is phenomenal and getting better at every update!

3. abbas-it

Thanks guys, am glad it appeals. I am slowly reaching the end of the building phase ad get some color on this soon. just a few more back tweaks as to wher which hardware component will sit then i will dismantle everything for putty pain and polish.
    wiring this baby is gonna be a real ordeal too.
    anyway...

I would like to take the chance of thanking all my sponsors for all the great goodies for this immensely huge project. I will thank as I build and here are the first two, being ASUS and Thermaltake.

First of all, a large thanks to ASUS, who have been supporting many projects of mine. Quality and Performance combined in ine, thats ASUS.
    I will be using a RH480 Grafics card on this Maximus VII Ranger with an i7.
    I was going to use the maximus viii formula, but decided for this itx board because it has all the features i want and ist still small though. I will connect the grafics card with a riser cable i have from my last project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the whole water cooling system will be Thermally Taken, in other words from Thermaltake, who I would also like to thank heartly for their great support, fantastic quality ad the most prompt in service.
    first i made a mainboard tray which will air the back of the board. the board will be slightly cushioned with rubber washers.

[​IMG]

the board should be visible but i didnt just want to slap it on the back so i semi sunk it in the back. this way it can be wired without any wires being seen afterwards.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i made this british german flag deco part actually in 2013 for the WORLD RECORD DCMM COLOSSUS mouse but didnt use it. it will be fitted on the back of this build now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

for semi sinking the board i made wire tunnels and holders, the board will me mounted on a hinged flap so that i can access it without screwinging or opening ado

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the processor radiator is also semi sunk in.
    i decided not to use rigid pipes and stick to soft here because of the collapsible and transortable feature which is a large part of the concept here. i will demonstrate it at the end of the worklog

#[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i made acover and designed it to hold a temp guage and a 3.5 slot too.

[​IMG]

these 3 bottom back fans will be reversed later and are the air out suckers in the back.this whole arry pane is magnetically stuck on in 2 seconds and wired in another 2. the arry consists of 3 x 140mm Rhermaltake Riing Fans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

:jawdrop: My god man, the little wooden details all over this thing are insane!!

5. abbas-it

hey bart, how ya doin. yes this is not as detailed as for instance the Piracy and Prophecy mod or Ragnars Revenge, but it still beats them all in the quanitiy of self made parts.
    i counted 2300 plus parts yesterday. its definitely the biggest and most extensive with the most electronic thingamadjigs too. am glad its almost done now.
    i started in 2012 with idea inspried by the mayan calendar and worlds coming to an end idea whcih we all lived through. ARMAGEDDON has now been dismantled and is reeady for putty paint and polish, so here is phase 2 now.

here are the last tweaks, hdd bay, woofer psu etc..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    break down and painting ühase coming up now..

6. abbas-it

so guys, the first primer is on most of the parts, just priming half of it took me 5 hours. whew...
    oh and yeah i finished the hardware holder back pane too.. psu and grafiks card is integrated too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. abbas-it

hi guys, sorry have been so busy wiring, which i hate, that i fogot to make more photos.
    but here are a few.
    the ARMAGEDDON has been primered, sanded, painted with sand and paint, then painstakingly been dabbed with silver paint all over the edges so as to make it look old and worn. the basic color is metalic gray with brown rusty effekt. all done with a roller and then brown spray can.
    i have spent the last 14 hours wiring this monster, i hate wiring, the keyboard and monitor elevators are working and i had the first sound checkt too which was great. more to come.
    I only have one week till the german casemod championship so I have to hurry up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

My god man! The hours put into this must be insane!

9. abbas-it

yes bartacus, you are certainly right there. i started this project actually in 2012 and it is now finished. of course i have made various other (14 all together) creationas and mods in the mean time too, but i was always working parallel on the ARMAGEDDON project.

anyway, now its almost finished and here are the last photos i made of the build up. i was so busy with getting it finished on time for the German Casemod Championship on the 17t of August till 22 of August at the Gamescom, that I made less build up pics as usual. but here they are, and some last ones before its polished, packed and transorted to cologne for its first big unviel:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the rsuty massive iron orey slab iron look worked out well. it is wood but it actually looks as if it would weigh 2 tons. i hope to make better fotos at th DCMM, seeing as i cannot really get far enough from it at home, always bumping into a wall.:):wallbash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Can't wait to see the final pics of this beast! And a video of it in action! :rock: Incredible work as usual! :jawdrop:

11. GLA-58

GLA-58 What's a Dremel?

Seems to me this one does have the ABBAS-stank written all over it.
    Well done.

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The paint texture makes it look sticky.
    @GLA-58 - ABBAS-tank? oooh, maybe next project!

13. abbas-it

@bartacus, cheapskate and gla-58, sorry for the silence, but i was in an oh such a horry getting it wired and polished and transorted to cologne for the gamescom and DCMM. all worked out in the end. the world certainly went ARMAGEDDON at teh german casemod championship for me. My apocalytptic ARMAGEDDON, THE SUM OF ALL FEARS, won me 3 trophies. the competition was extra tough this year so i was more than afraid and then happy for 2x gold for best casecon (scratchbuild) and the elctro mechanics called cases on the move, and a silver for most spectacular. so even though this build started in 2012 and hence took approx 4 years in the making, it blew minds and bust balls there, so I am very happy.
    along with my hattrick in the casemod category with gold for PIRACY AND PROPHECY i picked silver for CE-modding with BUCCANEER BAY and bronze for my 24 hour A TRIBUTE TO H. R. GIGER.
    so all in all, you can imagine how happy I am. here are some pics i made there.
    A intro video will follow.
    it really looks as if its been lying under miles of arctic ice for the last 10 million years.
    scientists made a fatal mistake after recovering it, they turned it on.:jawdrop:

I would like to officially thank all my sponsors and partners who helped making this build possible, most of all ASUS ROG, THERMALTAKE, ANGELBIRD, STEINEL, BOSCH ENERMAX and NVIDIA GEFORCE GARAGE.. you guys rock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here you can see the monitors, keyboard and usb hub lowered.
    [​IMG]

usb ports up
    [​IMG]

motrised keyboard up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after flipping the switch, the monitors take about 40seconds to elevate out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. abbas-it

sorry couldnt fit in all the pics so here is the second half of the final exhibition pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the DCMM jury is the toughest in the world, they litterally strip your builds and check whether the screw threads are symmetrical.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this time they really had a lot to examine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the jury getting laid by the ARMAGEDDON:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    at the DCMM, there are two teams of jurys who go round, this way they can better cross check the results afterwards, and of course see whether any modder changes his explanations and stories,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

every time i flipped thois switches and the monitores slid in and the keybord appeared or dissapared, you should have seen the reactions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the second jury now, checking the elctro mechanics and overall concept and realization. lemme tell you, they really kill you with their poker faces.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ARMAGEDDON, THE SUM OF ALL FEARS

I cannot imagine a nicer way for the world to end:D

15. GLA-58

GLA-58 What's a Dremel?

Ach du heilige Kuhflade !!
    This is one nice desk. Congrats on your winnings.

16. abbas-it

thanks GLA-58, thats the type of reaction i enjoy the most....:rock:

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Great stuff, congrats buddy! You sure deserve all the accolades you get for your work!

18. abbas-it

thanks bart, i appreciate it.
    the ARMAGEDDON is now standing in my office instead of my cheap ikea table and you should have seen my customers faces when they came in... woah!!!! should have ahd a camera running

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Congratulations man. Stellar work as always :)

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Are you a tax auditor? :lol:
    Congrats again this year. You really should let someone else have a trophy, though.