1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Artefacting Wii display

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by severedhead, 1 Jan 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Thats because the PS3 problems are just that you can't play it, that and the fact that there's nowhere near as many systems out as X360 launch and Wii launch.

Infact theres retailers in the US that shift all their Wii stocks same day (most <12 hours) whereas PS3 stock lays there for upto 3 days. When you think that Wii shipments are larger in kinda shows the problem IMHO.

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've had to resort to an email too, as the Nintendo customer support line appears to consist of a single engaged telephone.

3. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Just checked at work and within the 12 month warranty it is a straight swap with no repair route available. Now to see what happens if none are available.
    Can't check my email to see if Nintendo have responded yet though so I don't know what they will say about it.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Just been playing Zelda, thought it wasn't too bad, then it went to a cut scene and the whole screen is covered in vertical flashing lines. So that was turned off straight away. It's gone from a minor annoyance to something that ruins the game.

Still no answer on the Nintendo hotline, and no reply to my email either.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I think we get a year too, and an extra 90 days for registering. Pretty sure I read something like that in the manual anyways.

Gotta wonder whether they'd transfer over VC content you've bought though, or how that would work out. Maybe something with the Nintendo account?

Anyways, I've had no problems so far *touch wood*

6. DougEdey

Were you running at 60Hz or 50Hz#/

7. severedhead

Argh, it made a horrible clunk when reading a disk now :waah:

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Both modes do the same thing. It happens at any time - you can see them flickering across the screen even on the Shop Channel and Wii Channel screen. In Zelda they are particularly pronounced when there are clouds, smoke, mist etc or lighting effects - for instance the opening cinematic when the game loads and the end cut scene when you complete the tasks in the village in Eldin(?).

I've stopped using the Wii for now. I don't want to ruin the Zelda experience - and just when I was starting to get into it. I've saved my game to an SD card, I just need to get through to Nintendo now.

9. DougEdey

Take it back to the store you bought it from if they have any in stock. You may need to give em a ring

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Still no response from Nintendo. The fact the phone number is constantly engaged suggests a bit of a shoe-string organisation here in the UK. There's not even a recorded message to ask me to wait in line.

11. severedhead

I'm waiting my response from Nintendo (if I ever get one) and decide which will be the better route then.
    Everywhere is out of stock though, so I don't know how its going to get replaced.

12. DougEdey

Has anyone tried to put a fan next to the console to cool it a bit? May help to resolve it temporarily

13. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

Your nes works because it was cartridge based, and very basic console! My calculator works on the same principal as your comment.

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've finally got past the engaged tone, approximately 20mins before the customer service centre was due to close, only to be greeted by a recorded message that said something like: "Thank you for your call. Nintendo staff will answer your call in... 1 hour 4mins and 19 seconds".

Suffice to say, I hung up.

15. K

K 528491

...quitter!

16. severedhead

That might explain why my email hasn't been answered yet then if they're that busy.
    I bet all the calls are for stupid wrist strap replacements too as opposed to our real issues.

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

In which case if you eventually got onto a board telling you a wait time its most likely their switch board is overloaded (the one at my old place of work used to take 350 connections max) and as such defaults to an engaged tone.
    Kinda sucks though :(

18. DougEdey

The replacement strap business is all on the internet anyway

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Twice my Wii has frozen after clicking on the disk channel. It freezes for about 20 seconds then goes to a screen saying your Wii has encountered an error, please disconnect the power supply.

Once it has been turned off and back on again it works without any problems. Both times it was with different games, Zelda and Rayman.

20. DougEdey

I find that the Mii channel takes a while to load. Which is very annoying, I tried to move some stuff to an SD card but they don't show up on the channel list.

Tags: