1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus RoG Mars Quad SLI Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

That kind of validates my point in a way - score for performance should be just for performance. But, if one card that costs 3 times less scores 8 and achieves similar performance, why not then give this card a 10? or, if we consider value too, 5 due to the nature of the card itself. Or, if a GTX 285 scores an 8, shouldn't all the cards that are lower performance also score lower? I can't imagine you guys doing a review of let's say radeon 4770 and giving it a performance score of 5 :)
    Anyway, I think I am getting too detailed and the discussion is now more about your grading than your reviews.

What do you guys think about the Driver Heaven review of this card though? They seemed to drool all over it with performance data to back it up. A kind of a discrepancy... Mind double checking this card with the CPU over clocked to the max and windows 7 installed to 'calm the mind'? :)

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You just WANT it to be good so you can maybe justify spending that much cash, eh? :p

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm thinking that performance can't be gauged just as performance especially since there are other cards to factor in.

I'm thinking that BT compares the card with other cards performance. Seeing as this is marginally better and obscenely more expensive, the performance value would be lower.

4. MJudg

MJudg ProModder

[​IMG]

wtf.. one thousand pounds?????? It would be wonderful if where not tragic!!! I am not impressed with this expensive sandwich, but with its price! We can see in the charts it is not the most powerful gpu engine in the world, processing "only" 2,2 TFlops, against 2,4TFlops from 4870X2 and 1,8Tflops from GTX295, and has nothing beyond than a satisfactory memory bandwidth: 265GB/s.

Driver issues or not, I have to admit that, analyzing the chart numbers and the awful preliminary sli results, it can be surpassed by ATI's card in non limited platform titles tests.

So what is the reason for this price? Is Asus creating a million pounds found for any electoral campaign or something like that?

C'mon Asus, you are in trouble if you don't start making your own drivers....

Last edited: 20 Sep 2009
  5. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

How woul such a prime card like that compare to a 1.5GB NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800, PCI-E 2.0 (x16)????

Can they actually be compared? how woul that be, specially in folding. It would be interesting to see how it would compare cause the newer gtx card are getting much more aggressive and powerfull like the 3d supercomputer gpus????

6. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Say what? http://www.diamondmm.com/

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya Im with you lol we still buy diamond cards from time to time at our work but our primary cards we purchase are from ASUS.

You know what would be neat to see just for kicks is if ASUS made a 4890x2 2gb Card

Last edited: 12 Oct 2009
  8. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

People will buy this card...for the same reason Apple are still thriving - if you can pursuade someone to spend £1800 on a PC with a 24 inch screen, a basic core2duo and an old GPU, you can pursuade them to buy a crazy ltd edition graphics card.

Tags: Add Tags