1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS RoG - Your feedback...

Discussion in 'ASUS' started by -VK-, 6 Nov 2009.

1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I love the rampage 3 great design makes cable management easy due to the good placement of components on the board.

2. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I've got the Crosshair IV formula, i've used ROG connect, its usefull if just upping voltages/HT ref, but i think if it could up the cpu multiplier that would be usefull. If you could get rog connect to be as detailed as turbo v evo, then that'd be amazing.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm gonna pass this thread onto the ROG dev team. ROG connect (all the iROG chips) are very expensive to use because they are FPGAs with custom firmwares. They were thinking about removing RC Bluetooth and/or ROG connect because raw material prices are increasing :( Media don't often comment on them or talk about these features, so it's important they know people use it!! :thumb:

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

wooo, iROG are FPGAs??

if Asus are investing in such flexible chip, may be make its firmware to be customer-changeable? like BIOS updates, but across different motherboard generations.

think iphone IOS updates, 4th version goes back to 2nd iphone over 3 years ago, offering whatever new feature the old iphone is able to support. flexibility of FPGA are able to support this as long as the motherboard components are in place.

that's would be something REALLY stand out from competitors. shouldn't be too hard to keep up provide a suitable sized FPGA is used. what are being used in this generation of ROG boards?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The functions are updated on every firmware update. Customer's won't have the technical knowledge to update them afaik, plus there are IP and safety (plus RMA) issues I would think. I admit the idea of modding your own boards firmware would potentially open a lot of possibilities, but the market to do it would be small and it would be difficult to build an appropriately appealing SDK to let people in on it when the supporting board hardware is fixed.

6. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

ROG Connect is game-changing for overclocking. I love it. Needing a netbook/ laptop to use it isn't gonna appeal to everyone, but for squeezing the last few points out of 3DMark, its almost essential. Plenty of other overclockers say the same, i'm definitely not the only one :)