1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Asus wifi-go module causing problems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DavidJGray, 2 Mar 2013.

1. DavidJGray

DavidJGray What's a Dremel?

ok, so il briefly go over the story of my network issues from the last week, so i moved my pc to a different room, so though i would try wireless seen as my mobo ( ASUS P8Z77-V) came with the wee WiFi go module. Discovered it was pretty crap. bought a PCI wireless card (NETGEAR rangemax WN311B). Installed it, had constant disconnections but only disconnections from the internet, not the router (Virgin Media SuperHub). Tried several fixes, mainly driver changes etc. Just taken the pci adaptor out as i decided to return and try a different one. However I just had a though, when i had the pci adaptor installed, i forgot to disable the drivers and that for the wifi go wireless module, do you think this could of caused the problem?

2. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Also change the wireless channel on the hub from auto to 11. had no end of problems with interference from other netgears in the street that was causing drop outs