1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Backing-up advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by forum_user, 11 Oct 2013.

1. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

About to move house and if a computer gets dropped or goes 'missing' :eeek: - I want to back up only the data that will be missed. Also I want to do fresh installs on both the Mac and Win machines as well.

What do you guys consider important or worth backing-up? I would hate to do the reinstalls and then realise I missed something important! Both OSX and Win tend to have things like game saves in different locations for example.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

If you're that concerned and can't decide what you think is important to back up why not just remove the HDD from the comuters and keep them with you.

3. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Very good point. But I cant do that for the Mac and I will be reinstalling the OS's at a later date and will need to backup.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If you're unsure what you want/need then just backup everything, clone the drives.

Otherwise just work out what you currently use etc, and then backup the stuff you want and need. I've no doubts it varies from person to person.

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

TimeMachine the mac & image the PC.

Job done

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This.