1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bad Company 2 server problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hirezo, 8 Mar 2010.

1. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

is it just me or has anyone else not been able to pick up any other servers? i refresh time after time and make sure everything is not ticked off but i still only pick up 1 server.

please help...i really want to give this game a good try.

:waah:

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Everyone is having issues with this.

Hey at least your game launches.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

this game is not finished ...

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Did anyone expect any different? BF2 had a horrible server browser too. But it was still light years ahead of BC2.

5. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

aaah ok, i see. thought it may have just been me. thanks guys!

anyone know it ll all be fixed/finished?

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Currently in the process of getting a server started and learned that is EA is having huge problems with the server browser, they aren't even letting new servers start until they fix it. Supposedly it was meant to be a placeholder to get the game out on time, but too many people started playing and too many servers were started so the browser gets totally overloaded and has issues. Not sure if your browsing problem is related to this, or if you have something else blocking the game from seeing them, but it's a possibility.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This. As I said in one of the other BC2 threads, I just get this error anytime I try to launch:

[​IMG]

Purchased through steam. I'm behind a proxy, this is why. No EA game works through proxies, ever. Because they're giant penises.

8. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Their servers were rather poor is all, I've been having this issue up until today.
    It's working quite nicely now though, they restarted the servers at 9AM GMT and it's just dandy.

(Twitter actually helped me here, they gave running updates on what was happening which is nice.)

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

The BF2 server browser works perfectly for me and always has. Server browsers have been within the capabilities of EA and DICE for a fair few years, why the **** they think it's acceptable to release a multiplayer game incapable of being played online is beyond me. Seriously not impressed with this, at least the infamous MW2 matchmaking functioned a bit :D

10. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

How long do you wait? It takes a while to load.

11. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i give it atleast a minute or 2 to load up. at the moment im picking up 2 servers. i think they're both french too :S

12. leebingate

leebingate What's a Dremel?

Hi! I'm from London.
    Thanks for sharing with information. It's great

13. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

@leebingate Okaaaayyy...wrong thread/universe?

My BFBC2 loads up in a couple of seconds...as for servers, that sounds sort of like a firewall/ports issue, I had problems connecting before when the EA servers were really bad but I never only had two servers come up.

14. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

hey guys, i fixed the issue, i think it was my firewall. had some great matches last night. thanks for all the help :)

i dont know how to add friends in bfbc2 is it through steam or through bc2? if its steam give me a add :D

shadow_stalker_grim

or killahlatch

whichever works :D

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

To those whom it may concern who are having troubles like mine (see above) to do with launching the game, and playing behind a proxy server: the EA connection applet uses Internet Explorer's settings. So you have to configure it to work with your proxy before you can play the game.

Just noting it for the benefit of posterity. Drove me crazy until I was told this.

Tags: