1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bad-with-names Liam about to make an e-business card

Discussion in 'General' started by liamredskis, 13 Sep 2023.

1. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

So, as you can guess, they asked us at work to create e-business cards. Didn't really know about these little things before. I only printed the normal (normal!! paper, obviously) batch last year. Needless to say, also because I had to. It felt a bit weird imagining I'd be handing them around. There's something I've been wondering about since I was a child while watching my father go through the pile of business cards. I am horrible with names, always have been, so I was thinking - how can he remember who gave him which card, who is who?? Silly, right? But it stayed with me, and I always imagined (rather feared) having a dozen cards and having no clue which one belonged to whom. I would probably be adding my own notes, like "the tall guy", "met at (location)", "curly hair". Seriously, I forget the person's name the second I hear it.

Now, I don't want to sound like some pompous cyber cowboy, but the new ones - I can absolutely picture myself sharing them. I can safely say that the whole e-business card concept (regardless of the solution you pick) was designed for people like me. Guys, you can add a picture (okay, I am joking a little here, but faces are something I never forget). On a serious note, you can add your bio, website links, company location, social media links... Imagine you were a photographer or a content writer - you can add your portfolio right there! And if you need to update any info - do it at the platform where you created your digital card, and voila! It automatically updates all of them, even those you already shared at any point. No need to print a new batch with every promotion or if your company switches to a different mobile operator and you change the number.

Ok, obviously, I like this solution for more than one reason. What do you guys think? Do you already have an e-business card? The fact I just started digging into this doesn't mean lots of you weren't aware of it for ages. Would switching from paper to digital make sense in your industry?

Last edited: 21 Sep 2023
  2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Makes sense, but where would one find and store a digital card? I don't want to assume too much here but I imagine most people would store a physical card in a wallet/purse (hence the shape) but I'm not so sure where you'd do the same with the digital equivalent.

How does this map from device to device? Generally curious because I've not heard of a e-business card before being widely used.

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Phones have wallets or you can use contacts in your phonebook that can be backed up to cloud.

4. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

When you share your digital business card with someone, they can scan a QR code. After scanning, a link will show up on their phone. They can tap that link to see your business card as a cool webpage on their phone. Then, they can easily save your contact info by tapping "Add to contacts" at the bottom of the page. It'll be saved as a .vcf file on their phone.