1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 2 problems and solutions... Post 'em here!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FIBRE+, 12 Jun 2005.

1. WORMAGE

WORMAGE What's a Dremel?

one is samsung blahhhh..... 2700 and the other is vdata :idea: :waah: also 2700

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Problem: Game locks up in the middle of gameplay (at seemingly random times) and causes whole system to freeze. I have to reboot to fix it.

3. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

That happened to me before, it fubared my system32 directory. :jawdrop:

4. batsman

batsman the quiet one

audigy 2 problem

don't think this has been mentioned yet.

was having major problems last night 3 crashes to desktop in 1 hour

apparently the game uses the wrong DLL to talk to the audigy

link

i did this and fixed my problem, also i expect you all already know but, there is a known problem with the CATALYST drivers if you've got the texture detail set to high it can cause 'missing textures' eg black textures. ATI say set textures to medium, i found setting it to global medium worked.

Also i thing that having dual head turned on can cause problems, not fully tested this, as don't want to play around at the risk of losing my points.

ps the frezze x mins into the game is apparently punk buster related, i've read in a few places to use non pb servers, but thats not the way forward, so the extra 1Gb could be the fix and the excuse to get more ram that you need.

5. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

anyone heard of bf2 blowing peoples gfx cards?
    a friend of mine was playing the demo one night and his pc crashed and turned off, since then his gfx card wouldnt work. he had to buy a new one. put that in and all is fine. it was however a heavily modded card and overclocked. (x800pro > x800xtpe overclocked speeds and little cooling)

ive just ordered the game and i dont want anything to blow up whilst playing it

:)

its pretty doubtful i know but its an EA game so nothings impossible. and it looks like the game will go to the history books for the amount of bugs.

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i think thats the reason there....ive played BF2 on 3 different cards..not a single problem....OC'd or not...software cant break a card in that manner.

7. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

yeah i thought that might be the case mate.

8. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Well I just reinstalled both Windows and BF2.

9. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Think It was asked before...(I alreddy used the search) can u change your player name after u registerd with an other one????

10. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Ahh crap...just read the manual aggain and you cant... :wallbash:
    I accidently used my Familyname as a account name instead of using my
    "gaming name" :duh:

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

create a new account
    you lose your stats and stuff but its the only way atm

12. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

PROBLEM

The game is really jumpy when playing due to accessing the hard drive most of the time. The lag is definately being caused by the hard drive accessing as I'm getting upwards of 80fps. This problem has only appeared since i got my new motherboard and gfx card, with my previous setup (epox 9nda3+ and 6800LE AGP) it ran without any problems and never accessed the hard drive. I've tried loads of different settings (including the same as with the old setup) and it happens with them all. All the rest of my rig is the same, except the ram is now running in dual channel mode rather than single as with the Epox mobo. Anyone got any ideas as it makes the game unplayable.

p.s its not ping or anything as it happens in both single and multiplayer.

13. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

(I am aware that this a thread revival)
    I also have tank_rider's prob when jioning rounds but it soon gets upto speed. It also takes ages (5mins (my mate's verifies in like 20s)) to "verify client data" after the load bar.

And finally I keep getting disconnecting messages on pretty much every sever, it's completely random, sometimes I'm on a sever for like 5 hours and some I'm for less than a minute. :waah:

14. fiend666

fiend666 What's a Dremel?

Mine was very laggy joining games and veryfing client data more ram always helps 2 gig is the sweet spot, also i have just upgraded my sound card to a creative xi-fi and that has got me into games quicker, other than that defrag once a week or more if needed,

also for anyone getting crashes update punkbuster manually the file is called pbsetup once this is installed run it and let it search for any files just for bf2 when i did this it stopped all crashes instantly and i was getting a lot before

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you login to your EA account you change change your Screen Name.

Found that when I bought Euro Forces

16. Fr4nk

ok, I updated PB and now when I click "jion" on any sever it promts "jioning sever" (as it does) then it just closes without warning/error message... :/

17. fiend666

when you say it closes do you mean the game closes or the connection, also which patch are you running are you up to 1.21
    if it is the connection just click on the same server and join again quite a few people have trouble getting in first time, if it is the game what settings are you running and what do you have running in the background?

Also what are your system specs are all your drivers up to date

18. Fr4nk

Right, I mean that the game fully closes (goes back to windows), yes I have patch 1.21 fully installed, System specs are in my sig, all directx , video and cpu drivers are upto date.

19. fiend666

Oh yeah i see your specs now doh! have you tried running your cpu single core (is it changing the affinity i am not too familiar with dual cores but i have seen it mentioned)

There is a website here which is quite handy for settings and tweeking (link here)

20. Fr4nk

yeah i tried setting the affinity, tha got rid of the lag at the start of rounds but I still kept getting disconnrcted from severs randomly...