Gaming Battlefield Bad Company 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Feb 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

There's nothing 'rose tinted' about my playing Strike At Karkand. It was awesome.

3. bob

bob What's a Dremel?

wow the screenshots look really good.

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

They shouldn't have constricted certain roles to each weapon type. It worked OK in BF2 because there were enough classes to satisfy every role and every weapon type and the weapon assignments just felt right but I don't see why they need to constrict me to using an LMG if I want to play as medic or to a sniper if I want to take down a tank with C4. (Yeah, I know you can get unlocks but there aren't so many)

5. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I wish I had a beta key to try it. Hope this game won't be so affected by hackers like MW2.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

QFT

QFT

7. veato

veato I should be working

I loved the 1st BF:BC on Xbox. It felt much more console-y than BF2 is on PC (obviously) and this is what made it more appealing for me - I didnt want another BF2/2142. The destructible environments are a godsend too. The next time a sniper holes up in an attic window just blow the roof of the house off. Sorted. I really cant wait for this now.

8. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I really enjoyed the beta (as did my gaming community) and I really can't wait to play through the single player. March can't come quick enough.

9. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Who'da funk it! A console game getting a PC version of the sequel. And the Alan Whocares community still cry PC gaming is dead!

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I thought it was being release March 2nd?

11. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

No 5th March which is ideal for me as I'm recovering from back surgery and can't sit down for more than 15 minutes at a time. Hopefully, by 5th March i'll be ready for BC2! Really enjoyed the beta reminds me of the good old times of BF2. Loving the hardcore mode the best.

12. Scotteh

Scotteh What's a Dremel?

I've been playing the Beta and really enjoying it, I have the original BC on my PS3 and have spent many hours on BF2 over the years.

Really looking forward to the full release on the PC :)

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

my clan has a server pre-ordered :D cant wait for this to come out, loved the beta!

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Speaking of BC2, I'm pretty sure the Beta servers just went down. It was going so well for me :/

15. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Nop. They seem to be fine. I'm playing atm.

It's a really good game. For a crossplatform game it seems to have a lot of attention in the PC (eyefinity, dx11, etc).

16. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

The wife still has no idea why i've booked the 5th and 6th of March off - just need to convince her that she doesnt need to see me for 2 days now!

17. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

As a sniper (actually recon) you can use an unlocked SMG instead of the bolt action or semi automatic rifles. For instance in the beta I use the recon kit with a M1A1 Thompson. Awesome weapon in CQB.

But yes classes have been reduced and not for the better. But it is first and foremost a console game so we just have to hope for a proper Battlefield sequel. Either this year or the next.

18. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well, I was right, but it was expected.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

As far as playing the thing goes, apart from some dodgy hit boxes from time to time, and rubber banding in some servers (ones with ~60ms), it is pretty fun. Sick to death of seeing nothing but snow like, but that's to be expected with only one map. All of the guns feel a bit useless and pathetic, and look a bit plain, but they get the job done. Some scenes or situations do make you think "Wow" sometimes in terms of graphics, that has to be said.

19. Xini

Xini Habitual Tinkerer

Maybe it's just me then. I played the beta several times and ended up feeling like I was playing in soup or something. The game just didn't seem to respond and lacked the direct feel I get with MW2.

As for graphics, running it in full DX11 with the sauce I tended to find the graphics a bit over done if anything. The constant mist/ dust/ random flotsam which got in my line of sight and generally detracted from the game IMHO. Personally I've always thought that realism is something to aim for but hyper-realism (like rain being either full on torrent or off) is as bad as having no realism at all and I think that BC2 is crossing that line at points.

Oh well, I'll wait for BF1943. Hopefully that'll work out better.

20. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I officially love this game. Kicks BF2 in the nadgers and then runs it over with a tank.

Just wish people would stop camping up on n00b mountain!

Tags: Add Tags