Gaming Battlefield Bad Company 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Feb 2010.

1. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Also, having a crap load of destructible scenery collapsing in the middle of a firefight, thereby reducing your frame rate to a sub 20fps crawl, really doesn't help the playability.

Realism is all well and good, but not when it detracts from the gameplay ....

if i wanted realism, id join the army, and go to Afghanistan.

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

+1. I was taking a stroll across the water to Cement Factory just the other night in fact! Infantry only Cheesecake.

3. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

Actually really looking forward to this, anyone playing the beta - Can you tell me whether it has the awful hit boxing of BF2? I got totally fed up of people dolphin diving and spraying me dead in seconds when I couldn't hit them for toffee :D

I like the sound of the cover being destroyed, seems a lot more "Fun" that CoD MW and wall spraying machine guns....

4. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

To add my bit, I'm really enjoying the beta - especially after the disapointment of Modern Warfare 2. I do look forword to 'Hardcore' mode as I hate having to empty a full clip into somebody for them to ruddy die!

5. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Beta rocks , can't wait till the 5th ....

6. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Me too !

7. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

The hit boxes are terrible, as per usual for DICE games, i don't get it, nearly 10yrs they have been doing this sort of thing, and yet they still cannot get the code right for hit box detection.....

8. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

can't wait to play Karkand on this... no more 'nade storms

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i reckon the fact i've played 35 hours in two weeks on one map says a lot

10. kempez

kempez modding again!

This looks like it's got potential actually. I may have to pick it up.

I'm going to get shouted at now, but I assume it's out on the 360?

I'm addicted to MW2 on Live at the moment, so I don't know if I have time, but a bit of variaty can't hurt!

11. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Two questions.

Does it have Network/LAN play?

IF so how many players does it support?

That is all and thank you

12. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I've been playing it for over a week now and after getting used to the feel I've really enjoyed it. I've played all the BF games and had the same feelings as other BF2 players, to put it simply it's not BF3 but it's still a very fun game :D

The kits are limited but I think it works ok, I find there's more chance of haveing a useful kit within your squad or nearby... medics for healing, engineers for rpg'ing tanks or repairing and snipers for sniping c4 or mortar strikes. The ability to customise your kit is handy, especially when you gain some upgrades.

I've found the destructable levels work quite well in some scenarios, if the defending team is much stronger it gets to the point where there map is that flattened there is no cover so it becomes easier for the weaker side pick them off and move in. It's makes the game more fun in general too as the map is always changing and people don't just camp in the same spot.

kornedbeefy - I would be suprised if there was no lan, they have 32 man servers online so I would imagine lan is the same.

13. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

It comes out the 2nd in the US and the 4th in EU(and probably the rest of the world)

14. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I hope there are as many options to in the controls department as in BF2, being able to change the mouse speed depending on if you are in a chopper or tank is one thing I have missed in many games.

15. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Been playing the beta its not bad for a console port. But at the end of the day it IS a console port. Sucks.

I hope to god they are making BF3 for PC only.

16. quake1-rules

quake1-rules What's a Dremel?

The BC2 beta is great. It certainly feels more consoley than BF2, so it desperately needs modding. Would love to see the Project Reality team work with BC2 until BF3 is out. ;)

Note: they did fix the prone diving in BF2 with the latest patch, finally. Still a great game.

17. quake1-rules

quake1-rules What's a Dremel?

The reviewer harks on there being no lean in BC2 but the battlefield games have never had lean.

18. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

Innovations like the inability to go prone are not so impressive to me.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

how so ? Is it extremely slow ? (like halo-slow). Does it feel like you're underwater ?

20. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Hitbox appears to be fine, (so long as you adjust for bullet drop) I think it was just BF2 that suffered from this problem. Also - no going prone, so no dolphin diving. The BETA has been a blast, the only way they could improve it would be to add in the ability to go prone, or add it in for Hardcore mode...

Tags: Add Tags