1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield Play4Free

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Plugs, 5 Apr 2011.

1. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Err, no thanks. Was very much up for this but seeing words like that is extremely dodgy, i don't care how reputable a company is. They do not need that information for any purpose whatsoever, i smell hidden stuff.

3. jbarakat

jbarakat What's a Dremel?

Im going to give it a go, just to compare it to BF2 although i cant really see there being much difference seeing as it is basically the same game.
    Also i could install it on all of my machines for when my friends come round, online play without buying multiple copies of the game.

Free is free after all.

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

i've played battlefield heroes but all the good guns and items you have to pay for and when you play against people that have paid for upgrades it sucks

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I have to agree, I find micropayment systems quite annoying.
    Somehow I tolerate going against 10 year olds with better guns than me in normal full paid games as I just think to myself that they have lots of free time and I work hard so it's a fair trade.

But when someone pops on a game, drops a lot of money on great gear and said gear is miles more powerful than your standard earner stuff, it gets annoying!

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

I've been on it since the closed beta started. Can be fun for a quick blast. You can either buy battle funds which allows you to permanently buy guns and kit or hire for 1 or 3 or 7 days. You also accumulate battle credits as you play which you can spend on the time limited access to kit. You get 2 classes free and can buy an extra 2. you get skill points as you rank up to spend on skills for your soldiers. I think it might work out for them get a nice little following.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Err...where did you see this?

8. murraynt

murraynt Modder

IS it near the same as BF2? Never tried BF2 Just Bad Company 2.
    (Well I played it about 3 years ago but not enough to get a feel for it)

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

It's a lot slicker than BF2 was, but the graphics aren't quite as good and the scale isn't a patch on BF2. That said, when I tried the beta it wasn't all that bad, and it does run out of the browser which is pretty damn impressive.

10. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Third stage of the registration, when you come to neding to install an application extension or something, its what the pop up window has in it.

11. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

DO you use STEAM..... well that does the same thing

Last edited: 8 Apr 2011
  12. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

I tried it out in the closed beta but hen your use to playing bc2 in all its glory, playing this just seems like a waste of time! Best just to wait for BF3 me thinks...

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Same here, BC2 has plenty to keep me happy until BF3.