1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Beard Trimmer Recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Crapman, 10 Oct 2018.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Just had my first go with the new Babyliss 7810U Beard Trimmer I got and it's absolute kack. Can't cut through the hair for ****, when it manages to cut something it immediately gets clogged and then has to be taken apart to clear it out. It's left my beard incredibly uneven for what they laughably call an 'even finish' trimmer, even though I was at it for an absolute age.
    [​IMG]
    With the guard removed it even struggled to trim my tash, choosing to just push the hairs away unless you managed to get it at exactly the right angle of attack, which also changed every 15ms.

I stupidly threw my old one away as I'm trying to be better at not hoarding a load of old **** that's never going to get used again. I'm pretty sure it was a Phillips, a fairly basic one that only had 8 or 9 length settings, but the longest was fairly tall. Tall enough so that if things got a bit cock-eyed I could run that over and it's still be a reasonable beard.

There's likely a few hairy fellows out their who might be able to recommend something decent. £40 budget and preferably the ability to use it while it charges. Always a ball ache when it runs out of battery half way through a trim.

Cheers!

2. silk186

silk186 Derp

I use a Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer Amazon, it's cheap and works fine.
    I haven't used any other trimmer though so I can't compare.
    I would go with whatever is most popular on Amazon in my price range.
    My only complaint is that it has a UK plug instead of a US plug which is in every UK bathroom as it isn't suitable for travel (220-240v).

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Trimmer :eyebrow:

The_Crapman and Big Elf like this.
  5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

6. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

For those who trim

[​IMG]

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have a Wahl stainless steel multi-groomer I think they call it.

It's worked fine for five+ years, and didn't break the bank.

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

I have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-Men-Super-Stubble-Trimmer/dp/B01LCBOCY0 lasts for ages on a charge and has a minutes left facility, lock facility (hold button for 5 seconds) and most importantly is water resistant and can be used in shower while it is running so never clogs as it gets washed out all the time - downside is it only goes to 5mm length, i run it at 3mm for a very short beard as any longer itches like crazy!

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My beard is more likely to be 5" than 5mm. lol

Whilst the Remmington Barba looks like it'd be good for keeping in trimmed to a longer length, it seems like it might be a bit wider than I'm used to (oo-er) which might cause me problems blending it to shorter lengths toward the ear. I think I'll probably go with another Philips as it's what I've had previously. They now also seem to do ones that can be used from mains power which is an added bonus!

Cheers all!