1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best gaming keyboard?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Icecoldbagey, 11 Dec 2005.

1. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

2. hitmanjr

hitmanjr What's a Dremel?

ive got a microsoft natural and that suits me jus fine

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

My Logitech UltraX Keyboard and my MX600 do just fine for me :)

4. [sinz]

[sinz] What's a Dremel?

The Optimus' keys use OLED which is still very expensive. The keyboard is not supposed to be produced for quite a long time, if at all, and is expected to cost somewhere just under $1000 USD. Apparently none have been produced and the images are just computer renderings of a concept product. I'd freakin love to have that keyboard but I don't really see it happening any time in the near future. Apparently Art. Lebdev has a product coming out Feb. 1 2006 which is rumored to be a small USB keypad containing three 2x2cm keys with OLED screens to be used for.... something. It should be interesting to see how much that costs so we can get an idea of what the price of the keyboard might be like once/if it makes it to market.

5. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I prefer the g15 because its easy to use and has the nifty win key shutoff, im clumsy. I dont have one yet but have used and played with one and I think its great, for those that cant type the backlight is a must.

6. RynoRFC

RynoRFC What's a Dremel?

Someone mentioned the Nostromo N52; I have one and my only complaint is the location of the "spacebar". It's a bit of a stretch, and doesn't press smoothly every time. Other than that, It's a great peice of equipment. It puts a WHOLE lot of functionality under your left hand. Perhaps I could just mod the spacebar key...

7. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Well, since gaming really can make you throw coke around, you need something that can handle it!
    Get a Logitech Media Keyboard Elite! Cheap, spillproof (it really is! I spilled a whole cpu of coffee on mine, and it still works!), black and.. well, nice to use!

8. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

I personally have a G15 - just a comment: I didn't purchase the keyboard, I won it at a LAN. I would not spend $80 on this. The functionality of the LCD is not there, there is literally NO game support besides the macro keys. I programmed them for a handful of games I play (CS, Guild Wars) and they're handy, but not $80 handy.

9. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Does anyone else wonder what a cpu of coffee is.

And the $80 for a g15 is very overpriced, I wouldnt pay more than $50 tops. The biggest lacking is I cant find out how to get the lcd to display temps.

10. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

G15 easily the best keyboard. I dont own one but have used one. My friend had it setup to show HDD infomation something like this (without the _ and he had like 6 harddrives):
    Harddrive_________Available________Max_______Use
    Seagate 250_______100GB________250GB______Movies
    Maxtor_____________80GB________160GB______Photos

I cant remeber exactly how it was but similar to that. Quite nice, I could find use for that, would be nicer if it said the harddrives curent operating RPM if thats possible and other information.

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

my keyboard pff this is what I use.

that thing looks amazing, probably not so much so for gaming, but I think that ups intuition and productivity by %1000 in say photoshop or video editing or even cad or what not.
    oh and it looks a lot like the display from minority report

I'm personally just using el cheapy $5 ps2 keyboard cause I like the key response, that wolf board thingy looks nice tho

12. Eufouria

Eufouria What's a Dremel?

i have the g15, i got it for only like 40 bucks at best buy (reward zone/ gift card) and i love it, but i am a bit pissed that they dont give new programs for the lcd on their website. and its pretty big, ive often had trouble fitting everyihtng on my desk. but the backlit keys are so much better than my old saitek gaming keyboard, which only lit the outlines of the keys while this literally makes the letters glow. and the macro software is so simple its a joy to work with.

13. Bettox

Bettox What's a Dremel?

It is if you buy it in the UK. Kustom PCs price including shipping is almost £130.

I got mine from Thinkgeek and paid just over £80 including international shipping. What's more I ordered it last Saturday and it arrived this morning. Top service there I think.

Last edited: 17 May 2006
  14. Bettox

Bettox What's a Dremel?

No it's not. The problem only arises in certain games. GT Legends is one in particular.
    The problem is that the Saitek keyboard takes up three HID slots and as they are the first three it means that a lot of games only see that and don't pick up any other wheels, joysticks etc.
    The way round it is to go into device manager and disable two of the HID entries related to the keyboard. It means you lose the use of the keyboard buttons so you can't adjust the sound or turn off the keyboard lighting though which is a bit of a PITA.

15. Hopakee

Hopakee What's a Dremel?

g-15 forums
    G-15 mods

Both have some usefull stuff.

I am working with the G-15 for 2 3 months now and have no complains so far.

GreetZ
    Nick

16. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

The new Eclipse II should hopefully resolve that as well as some other improvements.

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I use a £15 cherry keyboard. It looks like a black £2 keyboard, but it costs 7x the price. What you get for the extra £13, is a build quality that'd make IBM in the 1980's nervous, and none of that multimedia button rubbish.

If you like your keyboard to be a keyboard, solid, tough, decent to type on, and have a lifespan of 10 years, consider Cherry, great things.

The G15 is a great board if you're into the gimmicky stuff. A guy I lan with has one, and they do look cool, they seem fairly good. I don't reckon it's worth it though. Maybe if you're a chronic WoW player, the macro keys could be usefull.

18. Bettox

Bettox What's a Dremel?

It may well do. Too late for me though I'm afraid. I shan't be buying anything else Saitek. I've got the Ergodex now for gaming so I'm going to go back to a bog standard MS Internet keyboard. None of the fancy expensive one's I've had have been as nice to use just as a keyboard as that was.
    Anyone want to buy an Eclipse?

19. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Indeed listen to this man

Yeah the G15 is great, the flip screen, programmable function keys and SDK macro apps, it comes with the build apps on a CD and even if you know head nor tail of SDK there quite a few apps up their on fan forums.

Logitech G15

20. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I got my G15 from scan for £32.73 + VAT + shipping last december (Ordered other stuff at the same time, so shipping wasn't a big deal) Looking at scan now it seems to have practically doubled in price, guess its popular.

I love it :)

Tags: