1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

due to empty and unsuccessful Vietnam period, CPC server has gone back to base game. running Conquest because it is more balanced when there is less than 20 player on the server, allowing it to fill up easiler, because it seems people are more willing to join with half-full conquest server.

Please post your BFBC2 username here, i can add you to reserved list, if you would like to be a regular on the server :)

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm new to BFBC2 on PC (played on 360 previously). I'll be joining in tonight hopefully if anyone wants to team up (ps: I'm rubbish)

3. wyx087

clear your filters and search for CustomPC with capital letters. :)

will be running vehicle centric maps, and shotgun central aka Oasis conquest.

i can team up with you, if you join at around 8:30, i should be on there until 10pm. just give me a shout, ingame name is wyx087. and i will try to get in your squad.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

In game name is Mr Happy

I have most trouble trying to connect to EA ONLINE so i cannot always get on. I will keep trying and eventually see you ingame

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Nobody in game :(

6. wyx087

sorry, was away yesterday, had a look on it through iphone procon console, no one was on. shame.

will go on in about an hour :)

7. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Disappointed to hear u dropped Vietnam! Still reckon splitting the server over squad deathmatch and 16 player rush/ conquest is the way to go :)

8. wyx087

the days when the server was running vietnam, i cannot get it to be filled, at most, there were only about 10 of us on a huge conquest map.

besides, vietnam is a half baked product: atmosphere is great, tactical elements (smoke!), and map design are rubbish.

we could do squad deathmathes to start with, but i feel the main pull of BF games are due to vehicles, there is only a single APC in squad deathmatch, whereas with conquest, there is a lot of vehicles to mess about with before the server gets filled. and i have found it all depends on maps, server population goes up in Heavy Metal, Atacama Desert, and goes down in older maps or less well designed maps such as Port Valdez or Laguna Alta.

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'll be joining this server regularly next week once my new graphics card arrives :)

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't think a lot of people like squad DM.

11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Each to their own I suppose... The tanks and hellis annoy the crap out of me on bfbc2. Squad death match brings back a bit of team play to good old run around fps. Everyone groans when they hear the helly start up in phu bai! Just played on the cpc server and there were two of us so it still looks empty! There are 2 squad dm uk servers that are full enough on Vietnam. Really can't stand conquest... getting shot while your waiting for the flag to raise is like getting shot taking a sh!t... There u are, squatting, doing something u don't want to be doing unless somebody's left a copy of fhm lying around... And some fecker has the audacity to sniper u when u've got ur pants down. Makes me wanna quit every time!

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Come on, we're waiting. Almost got scoring enabled here

13. wyx087

were you peterfezekas? you are a great tank commander :)

and no wonder you seem to be the only talkative guy on the server :(

for some unknown reason, Oasis attracted a lot of people, but population halved as soon as that map ended...... that's very strange, i've never seen any other map attract so many people.

@Nikols, you are not meant to be sitting on the flag, you are meant to be hiding somewhere near the flag.

you can see when you are in the flag area when the little bars on top of the map lights up.

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yeah that was me. I get some sweet tank gameplays mostly because i cheat - i knock the DPI to max and use the outside view. That takes care of infantry, while in tank duels i have the adventage of the Warheads perk and i tend to jump out for a cheeky RPG

I've just ragequit because S.Michael was constantly messing with the uncap and griefing when he was moved to our team.

15. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow:
    Cheers! Will crap out of sight in future maybe that way in his tank won't blow my ass off the flag so easily...

Last edited: 6 Jan 2011
  16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Still took you about half an hour to find me the first time you ran into me :p

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I was probably busy with bigger threats :p gotta prioritize
    It was fun to have you as my machinegunner next map though

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Okay let's spice things up a little. I have a spare BC2 silk cloth poster. First bit-techer to get my dogtags and post a screenshot here gets it.

19. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Played this on my friends xbox last night for a few hours and must say I enjoyed it. Apart from the spawn rape it's a beautiful game, might pick it up on PC at some point.

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Awesome game just now, i joined at 50-150 or so, by the end we drained them down to 9

Nobody's got my tags yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.