1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bioshock stuttering question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cyprio, 16 May 2009.

1. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

I have noticed that at some points during the game things stutter - as far as i can tell its is when the DVD is being accessed. My other theory was that it was GFX related but with all settings turned down low my 8800GT should be able to handle it i reckon.

So... i tried making an image from the DVD and mounting it using Daemon Tools as i have done for other games i buy to stop me having to find the CD/DVD all the time. However Bioshock doesnt seem to like this and is telling me to insert the original.

My question is - is there a way around this?

Thanks

Cyp.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

er, download a crack? obviously this is illegal and i cannot condone you searching google for game copy world.

thing is, bioshock already has the content installed on your drive (actually almost EVERY game installed everything to your drive). the disc is only needed as proof you own the game, and nothing is actually loaded from it. so something else is causing your stuttering.

3. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Hmm, perhaps it is the gfx then.

4. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Yea, the game is on your harddrive.

Their are physical marks or something on the dvd to prove it's original, the game checks this then fires it up.

Once it's started you can take the dvd out.

For me bioshock was smooth on old drivers, but stutters on the latest drivers, i don't know what is going on.

Maybe latest drivers are just for latest cards, i don't know.

5. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yep, I had an issue with ATI drivers with my previous gfx card, about 2yrs ago I suddenly couldn't play any games at all and it was a bugged driver. ATI fixed it pretty quick but its definitely worth trying a driver rollback to see if the problem goes away.

Plus, don't always assume its the gfx thats causing the issue, I recall when Half Life 2 first came out there were a lot of people seeing stuttering issues with that and it ended up being related to dodgy sound card drivers.