1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh ffs. I was really hoping it not to be true, because if points are deducted and Hamilton now adjudged to be 2021 champion, to have won 8 and broken schamacher's record 10months later, what an anti climax to one of the greatest sporting achievements that will ever happen.

They need to be clear and transparent on how they arrived at this conclusion, so to avoid any doubt in future filings, and the book needs launching at them so hard that they feel the affect of the punishment over multiple seasons and acts as a huge deterrent for anyone else.

God ****ing dam it!

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

On the other hand, if Max keeps the title, it will forever be that time the FIA ripped up it's own rule book whilst also letting the winning team cheat to stop Lewis Hamilton.

They're buggered either way.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Never going to happen.

I'm willing to bet real money that the penalty for breaching the budget cap will be a fine, as hilariously broken as that sounds.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This - possibly last year will be tainted *even more*, and for sure this year will be as well.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

of the potential options -

• RBR successfully appeal it/are found to be within the cap after all - people will scream 'one rules for RBR, another for anyone else' shenanigans. Doubly so if Aston get some kind of penalty and RBR don't.
    • RBR are fined - RBR won't care. Somewhat defeats the point of the cap if teams can just spend their way out of trouble for overspending.
    • RBR are docked WCC points - They were so far ahead of Ferrari in 2021 that it'll be one of those non-penalty penalties that doesn't actually achieve anything. Again, sets a precedent, and teams might risk it if they've a suitably large cushion over the next team in the constructors.
    • RBR are kicked out of the WCC completely - RBR have never cared about the constructors particularly, [though Honda might care], I don't think they'd be that bothered.
    • RBR are docked drivers' championship points for one or both drivers - The internet takes it calmly and rationally and... lolnope... consipracy theories will abound. F1 sections of the internet get even more toxic than they already are.
    As has been pointed out, there are no good options for the FIA/F1 here.

EDIT: I forgot a couple...

• RBR get race bans - Won't bother them in the slightest if they're in 2022.
    • RBR have limits placed on testing - well they're severely restricted anyway as they're the top placed team. They'll probably shrug it off as their car is competitive enough currently.
    • RBR have their cost cap reduced for one or more seasons - Again, they'll probably think 'we're the dominant team, does it matter?'.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2022
  6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I don't see how they can do anything other than dock points, at the end of the day they have exceeded the budget limits.

They can say it was for food, sick pay or wages and not from the development budget but if other teams needed to do the same it would have had to come out of their development budgets or some other budget so they have gained an advantage and it's no excuse.

As much as i hated the way it ended last year and I don't really want anything to be changed but what else can be done.

Fines as I have said earlier would be the biggest joke ever as every other team will just say wtf and do the same.

They've bent, no broken the rules end of story.

There's no winners here really, another reason I only follow loosely through news reports as it's just a farce.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Last year - points deduction, this year - points deduction, next year - reduced Dev time. The results of exceeding the cost cal does not just affect a single season, so neither should the consequences. They need to make the punishment serious enough that no one will want to do it again and put the sport in this ridiculous situation.

8. fix-the-spade

In other news.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/w-series-not-completing-2022-season/

Formula Chadwick goes bust, perhaps realising that a series comprising of Jamie Chadwick + 18 others doesn't have legs. Seriously, people Bemoan Merc/Red Bull's dominance but of 21 W series race held in total Chadwick's won 11 of them, been on the podium in 7 more. Get her into one of the top F3 teams already, whatever the W series cost would be better spent on that.

9. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Regardless of what they do about the budget overspend, it won't affect our retrospective view of past Drivers' championships. We don't look at Senna with an asterisk, we don't look at Schuey with an asterisk, we don't look at Hamilton 08 with an asterisk for spygate (and we wouldn't have looked at 07 like that if he had won it).

Perhaps Spygate is the best example of this sort of "carried over benefit" - in that instance it was adjudicated that championship exclusion was deserved!

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ummmmmmmmm MANY people still hate Michael for his various infractions over the years

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. RedFlames

Similarly, Hamilton is beloved by all

/s

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm confused, apparently red bull are negotiating their punishment.

When the hell did the supposedly guilty get a say in what their punishment is.

It just gets stupider and stupider.

If this is how it is to be just remove all rules and let them have at it.

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i think you can blame Ferrari for that one when they got caught not cheating, but had to pay a massive undisclosed amount behind closed doors and suddenly lost a big chunk of time all of a sudden

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Another reason I only follow F1 through the news, otherwise i just can't be arsed with it as it's such a farce.

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They probably cried, threatened to quit F1 and everyone in the FIA and Liberty shat themselves.

Red Bull are the new Ferrari.

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It's just the rules, it goes to adjudications, they are allowed to state their case and have 3 months to find a way to weasel out of suggested punishment, plus the ability to appeal, it's not a clear cut you broke the rule you loose x,y,z. There's back and forth involved, if there is one thing we know about these F1 teams it is they are good at rule interpretations and finding loop holes.

Omnislip likes this.
  17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ohhhh FFS George!!! Again.

18. fix-the-spade

Max and Sergio bood by the crowd throughout the weekend, met with chants of cheater even after the news about Mateschitz came out. Aside from 2005 I can't remember the US crowds ever booing anyone in F1 ever.

Oh boy oh boy, FIA/Liberty really are trying hard to undermine F1 in the US aren't they. They're playing a very dangerous game with the sport's credibility.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2022
  19. RedFlames

20. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

These penalties are a farce. 3 places for causing the massive collision, 30s for the mirror falling off (without being shown the mechanical warning flag)! And 5s for Russell taking out a championship competitor!

Perhaps if the F1 brand starts to lose its shine there's a future avenue in racing bumper cars?