1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech GeForceFX Watercooler

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 8 Apr 2003.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

www.bit-tech.net/feature/23

Kick ass! :thumb: Big kudos to Blade on this for producing his best work yet, and a big :rock: to Gainward for getting in on the deal with us.

We'd really appreciate any comments you guys have, so feel free to post your opinions and ideas.

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

oooohhh.... purdy.... ;)
    Nice work guys! another pointer in the direction that "Gainward Is BEST!!!"

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

:jawdrop: A damn well deserves it !!!

The retaining clip is schweet.

The beast has been tamed... well silented anyway :D

4. Relin

Relin Old timer

Nice article!!! Thanks for the help guys, keep up the good work.. Should be able to post some pics of the System that we have built around this soon!!!!

5. mongoled

mongoled What's a Dremel?

Hi there guys, i decided to register just so i could say how impressed i was looking at the heatsink BladeRunner designed.

Way to go dude thats one nice looking design, and must do an excellent job in cooling that biatch of a card.

Once u start producing these sinks do u think that u will be able to start selling them independantly or redesigning for other vid cards??

I know it will come down to cost effectiveness but im sure you guys realise the financial potential that the heatsink design posseses!!

And have you conatced other third party gfx companies to c if they are interested in using BladeRunners cooling solution. I gather that you may have signed an aggreement to produce exclusively for Gainward which would be a shame because I would like to c this design implemented on ATI gfx cards also and future solutions to the gfx market. I do hope that this wont be exclusive to Gainward or Geforcefx and that all peeps one day may be able to fully apprecaite the design and worksmanship of BladeRunners piece of art!

l8rz and respect to all who were involved in the realisation of 'the Sink'.....

6. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

I am actually a bit confused to what exactly is going on?

I was under the impression blade made some watercooling parts from scratch for his graphics card - in partic the fx ... how has gainward / bit-tech jumped on the bangwagon ?

all seems a bit confusing to why you put this up on the front page .. ?

7. Sir George

Sir George What's a Dremel?

It is indeed a sweeeeeet looking card :rock:

Unfortunately I'm more interested in an ATI right now :sigh: , otherwise it might just have gotten on my shopping list...

Sir George

8. WilHarris

Lol :)

Mongoled, thanks for your kind comments :) As much as I would like to, I can't really comment on what we have in the pipeline :)

Jordanis3r, BladeRunner is a bit-tech staffer. This has been a bit-tech project which he has handled, and Gainward have jumped on it and run with it. Blade and myself are running the project for bit-tech, and are working hand in hand with Gainward.

9. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

ahhhh it all becomes clear - reason being I saw it posted elsewhere 1st ... thx for the clarification - I remember this being done before for a gf3 card ?

plus just a little off topic - does'nt this commercial involvement damage the sites credability as an independant review site ?

10. mongoled

mongoled What's a Dremel?

Thanxs for the info mrhaz, i gathered that u wouldnt be able to reveal any info regarding my comments. I do hope that U guys will be in a position to offer this type of soltuiton to other enthusiasts one day.

Heres for da hope....

:clap:

11. monolith

monolith True Friend

Personally, I would say no as long as reviews remain objective, concise, and accurate. If something sucks, they say it sucks, if something rocks, they say it rocks. If you see a sack of poo from the company in question rated 100% absolute must buy, then I would suggest it would damage it. Otherwise, no. I'm not bit-tech staff, I just do the hosting, but from all of my encounters and dealings with the staff, I truly believe in them and trust their words. In my eyes, they are just as credible as they were before. I guess it depends on how you look at it. It'd be like saying Mozart's opinions of other songs are invalid simply because he was a composer himself. That simply isn't true. I suppose it all depends on how you look at it though, I know the staff here fairly well so it's very clear to me, but it might not be for you. In that case, let me tell you - you can trust what they say. :) Coming from a consumer. ;)

David

12. WilHarris

Basically, the final Gainward product is not something that we will review, partly because it will blatantly come across as product promotion rather than product review, so from that point of view, we are keen to be seen as staying independant. At the end of the day, we are a hardware review site, and if we thought this project was going to damage our rep as independant, and as (hopefully) one of the better sites out there, we wouldn't be doing it. We are looking at spinning this whole operation off into a separate company (much as hardocp.com do with Ratpadz) just to make it absolutely clear that the editorial on bit-tech won't be affected by what we are doing elsewhere. I can 100% guarantee you that this will not mean the end of good ol' bit-tech as a review site - as you will see as we implement stuff over the coming months, we are only going to keep growing and keep improving. This is just something cool we are doing on the side :)

13. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

cool thx for the clarification :D

14. renderfarmer

renderfarmer What's a Dremel?

Quadro FX

Hi,

I also registered just to talk about this awesome looking product.

I just got a PNY Quadro FX 2000 and would love to strap on something as trick as the FXliquidFlow. Even stock GeForce FX core/mem speeds would be great without any undue noise.

Will you be offering the FXliquidFlow as an aftermarket kit, or only bundled with GeForce FX cards from Gainward?

Keep up the great work and resist the temptation of making it less cool (in both senses of the word) just to make it a few quid cheaper to produce. People in this market will pay plenty for something that well made.

15. asteroth

asteroth What's a Dremel?

wow

heh, another one :D me i mean, just registered to say 'wow' :jawdrop:

very nicely done, i had seen the 'watercooled gainward' elsewhere but hadnt believed it was a true gainward initiative, more a talented modder. turns out it was both :p

again, very nice. impressed.

later,
    rick.

16. Iceman

Iceman Staff

Don't worry about this, there's no price anyone could pay me to warp my results :) If something sucks then we'll say so, if it stays this way then surely no harm can come of this venture. It's certainly an exciting prospect for Bit-Tech and I'm just waiting for Bladerunner to give me my fx back :p

17. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

funilly enough the whole "Selling out" thing came into conversation in the recent Nottingham bit-tech meet, and the general feeling there was that the blame usually lies on the companies themselfes offering review sites certain perks for giving upped scores, but seems as we're talking about Gainward here I doubt it would happen. Besides, a site would recieve much more news/visits/kudos etc if they publicly announced a company offering perks...

18. markit

markit What's a Dremel?

I think its a great idea, if you can make money doing something you like then go for it :thumb:

19. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Obviously having inside knowledge here, I can say with certainty that none of the team would take 'back handers' or sell out to uplift reviews... I for one find it rotten to the core to think that a company would 'expect' me to tailor my review to suit them, instead of them tailor their products based around what we (as review sites) find at fault with their products.

I'd rather lose ten suppliers who give us review gear than one member who felt we 'sold out'.

But I digress, just wanted to set your minds at ease. :)

20. [S]lammer

[S]lammer Can't touch this!

:jawdrop: INCREDIBLE :jawdrop: :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags