1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech GeForceFX Watercooler

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 8 Apr 2003.

1. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Man Bladerunner has inspiered (spell) me to do water cooling.

Too bad is has to wait like a year, as I have like ten other projects in line.

I plan on one large, well designed waterblock, rather than lots of small blocks, connected with tubes.

But back to geForce FX

AWSOME!!! :jawdrop:

2. Shark

Shark What's a Dremel?

reservoir and pump? (and review bias commentary)

Water block looks great--and it truly solves the issues with the GF FX (PCI slot and LOUD).

I really dig the "snazzy retention clip"...

My question is if Gainward is going to ship this thing, what will they ship for a reservoir and pump (and radiator?)... Also, how can they insure that the fittings are done right... It seems like a huge liability to sell a liquid cooled card. If the reservoir is not large enough or cooled itself, then this system would just slowly get hot and burn up.

My commentary on the bias-review issue: obviously, if you have any scruples, you wouldn't knowingly say something was great if it sucked. However, pride in the product you've helped develop may taint your perception.

As such, I think it is a solid decision to forgo reviewing Gainward products as long as a partnership exists. I do not think that a spinoff company solves the dilemma, though... Your mentioning of the [H]ard|OCP example neglects the fact that they do not review mouse pads of ANY kind. Though they do link to just about anyone else's review of a RatPad.

Kudos to you guys for taking the iniative to make this thing happen, but it does present some interesting problems concerning your future objectiveness.

3. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Similar solutions have been produced for other cards, although not as thorough or specifically designed as the 'FX'. For example; Radeon 9700.

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Now dont get me wrong but the standard Gainward GeforceFX Ultra costs £489.29(rrp) so how much are they gonna charge for a watercooled one? £500+?!?! Talk about pricing themselves out of the market. ;)

But saying that its some quality work there Bladerunner :D :thumb:

And if the rumors are true you better start designing one for the NV35 ;)

5. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Oh, and just out of curiosity.

Why were the inlet/outlet for both RAM coolers not placed above and below eachother, like they are on the 9700 solution (linked above)?

Because of the size, and design of the card, obviously both couldn't be connected at the back of the card, but both angled outwards perhaps?

6. Iceman

Iceman Staff

The system we rigged up for Cebit for the Gainward card was using a Maxijet pump/res with a BIX rad. The maxijet is small enough to put into a 5 1/4" bay and I'd imagine if it's ok, the rad could become a black ice micro.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

You see, this is what a product ends up like if it is designed by enthusiasts rather than someone with a bean-counter looking over their shoulder. What I mean is it all fits properly while still looking the muttz nuttz and doing a decent job.
    And to have it all in the space of 1 slot is spot on too!!

8. TwiSteD LoGic

TwiSteD LoGic What's a Dremel?

Beautiful jonathin, beautiful. *applause*

Haz, for now Im assuming you did the PR with Gainward and provided this man with the necessary materials (please tell me you are learning to fab waterblocks too, thatd be schweet). Haz, you are an invaluable man and I love you *hug* (sorry too much sugar).

Only one thing I have as a negative statement: Jon, awhile back you did the 9700 block and I drooled over it after you sent me the high-res pics, now after months of waiting on an email for you about production, Im going to bug a you again, please make me one, I will pay for it. *drool*

9. TwiSteD LoGic

TwiSteD LoGic What's a Dremel?

Oh, BTW Jonathin = Bladerunner

10. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

That is absoloutly (sp?) amazing work. Glad to hear you have some kinda sweet deal going on with gainward to get a nicer (and neater) cooling sollution arranged for the FX cards. Best of luck!!! :)

11. Voidrunner

Voidrunner What's a Dremel?

Wow, congratulations to all of the Bit Crew. Welcome to the big time.
    Awesome job and that's gonna be sweet to see a true enthusiasts product on store shelves. Awesome, awesome awesome job.

12. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

dude, almost makes me wish id bought a gforce instead of ATI! thats so sweet, and out on interest, exactly how many people have registered to say "wow"? must be a record number of new members in one day.

amazing work people. :eeek: now all u have to do is give a water cooled g-force to each bit tech member for free :naughty:

13. chubbybrown

chubbybrown What's a Dremel?

Tamed ,I got the mail and had to comment,lovely piece of work.
    Ignore the independants,get in bed with who you can if its making things work the way you and they want it
    Chubbzy
    :brrr: :thumb:

14. Thingi

Thingi What's a Dremel?

Great, just great. :miffed:
    Now I want to buy a watercooled FX and a Shuttle SN41G2 and Wireless lan card. Just how exactly do I explain this to my fiancee?

Now the Shuttle, I can explain that.....
    1. It's got the Firewire port on the front so I can connect my iPod to it (v. nice pressie btw).
    2. It can play all those Divx's I've got... It'll even play those Ronan Keating ones I downloaded for you :sigh:
    3. It look better than a great big PC case in the living room.

Now the Wireless lan card. (I already got the wireless router on the quiet ;) But it's still a little bit more tricky!

1. I can get rid of that long S-VHS cable and the long coax spdif cable that go right around the room.......

As for the GeforceFX, well this one's gonna a REALLY tricky.

1. I promise the computer won't sound like a hoover at full blast..........

2. My Geforce3 ti200 won't let you watch Ronan on the telly while i'm on my computer. Hopefully 'me lady' doesn't know that a cheap GF4mx would do the job nicely....... Unfortunately I don't think this one's gonna fly, that's the problem being with someone who's also gadget freak :)

I need some advice from other addicted overclocker's, just exactly how am I going to justify the price of a super-duper-water-cooolin-badass-gfFXcard?

thingi :)

15. Tobin Itharel

Tobin Itharel What's a Dremel?

9800 version please - hehehe :lol:

16. Ambian

Ambian What's a Dremel?

Wow!

Very spiffy!!
    I hope BladeRunner gets a job designing watercooling systems ;) :lol:
    Good work :thumb:

17. Mindstorm

Mindstorm What's a Dremel?

great :)

great work, thought out of my lead anyway :)

Congrats ppl on the project, and on the agreement.

18. Sky Hacker

Sky Hacker What's a Dremel?

thats great! it's all prudy...

as the whole "selling out" claims i dont think thats very fair, theyve reviewed so many great prodcuts (and some bad ones) and would like to see the what exactly goes into a product! thats my view anyway. i dont think it's going to effect theyre reviews at all. even after theyre done, they know that a product sucks. hell, if the fx watercooler sucked they would come out and say it. (not that it will :D :D :D ) thats my view anyway.

anyhooo... hopefully this heat sink will get me out of my hole and bring me into the world of water cooling.

i think i speak for everyone when i say this. YOU GUYS ROCK

:D

19. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Awesome work there dude :thumb:

I have to say, that if I saw that in a local store, I wouldn't be able to resist ;)

20. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Very nice work by bladerunner there...kudos

Its just a shame its on a FX5800 card ;) (Guess who is a Radeon 9700pro man ;))

:)

Tags: Add Tags