Modding "bl00" Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Altron, 26 May 2003.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

BURN HIM!!!!111

n3333333d bl00000000 :clap:

*cough*

/hides

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hmmm

Yes indeed

it's all blue these days ...

but ... with the matrix reloaded , and the third matrix coming out in november or something.....

there will be alot of green-matrix theme'd case's (I'd built one, lol)

So ... this will rule out green aswell..

so whats left ??

orange ? red ? white ?

I've thought about a white lighted case .. but it seems dull...

difficult choice's ... blacklight is olso option..; but that looks soOO.. dunno.... just don't like it

3. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

White leds in the Danger Den blocks look sexy! i think that a bloo or green case would look kick a$$ with some white accents.

plus: you cant make the word 'green' cool! loook at bloo!! its so much nicer!!

4. Phat Ass

Phat Ass What's a Dremel?

I've liked blue for years, dunno why, i liked red for a while bef ore that, then thought "mmmm blue" and it stuck. As someone pointed out earlier blue is really soothing, was going to put blue LED's under the shelf above my desk to light it at night and not blind me (i have 6x20W halogens above me). Saw a pic of someone who had a blue ccfl behind his tft screen on his desk, so it almost backlit the pc on the desk and reflected light onto the desk, achieving the same effect i want and it looks fantastic. will try and find the link at some point.

my room is rediculas at night if i have my computer on, (well, till recently). When everything was working at its peak there would be 20+ red and green led's in various units on top of my VCR.

6 LED in router, 2 red, 4 green (half of each colour flash)
    7 LED in switch (2 green for each device (router, pc, laptop))
    3 LED in speaker control box (Power, Digital In, Mode)
    5 LED in usb hub (1 red for power, 4 green (one per port)
    + intelipoint mouse in its evil redness
    +VCR, TV, Case, Mopniter, Laptop, Hifi

sadly switch may be dead, not tested it yet to see if its intermitent fault, and the usb hub seems to have died a death aswell, not sure if thats the usb ports tho.

5. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

I like both blue and green, my Dell computer has green LEDs throughout(except for the flash reader's power LED, which is blue, and the optical mouse, which remains red).
    Oh wait, I have 786,432 red, green, and blue LEDs in front of me now(LED monitor).
    My Pentium 3 running Linux has a green power LED and a blue HDD LED.
    I installed a blue LED in my 200w Delta PSU(powered from the 5vsb) so it glows blue.
    The Pentium MMX the PSU is used in has a blue power LED and a green HDD LED.

6. the_secret

the_secret What's a Dremel?

-> how about GR33N :D
    -> it shouldn't really matter what everybody uses, it's more of preference imho.

7. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

hmmm... "Gr33n".... Sounds good.

*gives it a try*

I'm gonna light my keyboard w/ gr33n LEDs once I paint the keys black..

Nice.:thumb:

8. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

<--- green

9. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

i've got red... i find it less stressful/bright in the dark

blue is too bright

I can leave the cathodes in my primary system on at night and not be disturbed by it, but i have to shut off my secondary pc with its blue power led & cathode, or it'll keep me up

10. Homer J

Homer J What's a Dremel?

Green is EVIL ........

Remember ..... "Soylent green is PEOPLE!!!!"
    :lol:

11. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

I find that blue is pretty easy on the eyes

12. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

My powerbutton lights up blue during HDD activity, and it drives me crazy at night... It is so bright it lighs up a whole section of the floor in small blinks. Very annoying when trying to sleep. :yawn:

13. wedgius

wedgius What's a Dremel?

My first case is going to be largely beige and blue, and my second seems like it'll be a blue Plexicube, but I'm trying to add a little variety in the lighting (white and amber LEDs = win). After that, I may just go for a darkish green setup. I don't know.

Blue is my favorite color, so I'm using it for my more personal mods, but at least I'm trying not to go overboard with blue LEDs. Besides, they hurt my eyes. =\

14. Green Soda

Ph34r my 3v1l gr33n l337n3ss!! w|-|007!!

(for those that are fortunate to not speak l337, it says: Fear my evil green sweetness! woot!! :lol: :hehe:)

15. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Actually its: Fear my evil green leetness!! whoot!

And maybe you could have said this:

p|-|33 |2 /\/\`/ 3\/!|_ 9 |2 33 |\| |337|\|355 !! \/\/007 !!

16. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

my current case is canadian flag motif, so everything is red... but my next case hopefully its gonna be orange, or as some 1 said "the new bloo" of 2003

17. Green Soda

...'leet' can be translated into sweet...

:rolleyes: Showoff!
    :lol: JK jk!!! I could have done that, but that prob took you 10 hours to type that (damn leet language)

Heres a sample: |\/|`/ l337 5|<1lz ^|23 b3773|2 7|-|3|\| `/0u|25... b17-73(|-| |20(k5, b17(|-|!!!!!

(translated: My leet skills are better then yours... bit-tech rocks, b****!):lol:

18. MaximaMan2000

MaximaMan2000 What's a Dremel?

The most moding I do around my house is involving putting in bloo LED's. It makes modding more interesting and attractive. Bloo is my favorite color and the color on the LED is so freakin sexy to me.

It also gets boring seeing color mixed up like orange, red and green and looks very nasty. Less people will pay attention to it. Bloo and white LED's turn a lot of heads.

P.S. If ya got the money, than you can afford putting LED's in a lot of things. ;)

19. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

This would be one of the few things I may agree on with Altron, I have seen enough bloo to last me for a while, nothing against bloo, it just been done over and over (although I have seen some really nice units done in bloo).

But it is not only the bloo, that has finally gotten the best of me, it this everything sleek and shiny look, glossy paint plexi, brushed aluminium ect.

I have vowed that the project I am working on will not be a shiny, allthough I am doing a Matrix inspired case, I can only hope that it has not been done to death buy the time I get around to pronouncing it done:eyebrow:

20. MaximaMan2000

MaximaMan2000 What's a Dremel?

www.frozencpu.com carries Purple/UV LED's which I will be using for my next project. There relly nice.