1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

In my defence, 2 of those were sent off for trying to foul my saurus.
    @ModSquid is it you who is the fixer for the calves?

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah! The truth comes out! No need for a League investigation, though. Other than to encourage more of this behaviour for the crowds.
    That's correct. The teams share a communications sponsor, who also sorts out their PR and fixtures (once all homework is done).

I don't think tonight is any good - I can check tomorrow about 6/7, plus I think Thursday/Friday same time are okay. Weekend is a bit more play by ear as the chairwoman of the board that owns both teams has overall final say.

3. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

No problem. Tomorrow I can do, Thurs/ Fri not really good for me and I have the same issue at the weekends.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Board confirms tomorrow is fine :thumb:

6pm okay with you?

5. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Wednesday at 8pm sounds good.

6. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Sorry, I've just been reminded by the wife that I need to take to dog to the vets tomorrow at 5. Not sure I'll be back by 6, they are useless with the waiting times. Not sure how I'm fixed for the weekend yet, might be able to Sunday afternoon if that's any good?

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Ok, see you tomorrow.
    The Ref was bent I tell you, bent!

Pete J likes this.
  8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The League investigation has unfortunately (for the rest of us) found no evidence that a certain cloven-hoofed ex-champion had any hand in the officiating or decisions made during the match in question. This investigation is subsequently also under investigation.
    Corrected your typos for you. Additionally, just been informed by the board that this weekend is a bust regarding fixtures. Is Monday any good, say similar time - 6/7pm?

9. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Yes, Monday should work fine

10. fix-the-spade

TheButch Boys 1 - The Ungroomables, sent home without any dinner, again.

Heartbreak for the undead, having grimly held on for 14 full turns, an unfriendly dice roll on turn 15 undid the last desperate defence and the Dwarves clambered over the line on their final turn. With only a single roll remaining and no chance of equalising, the Ungroomables vented their frustration up the hapless halflings, inflicting a knockout and an injury with the final turn of the match. Such an outcome earlier in the day might have swung the odds in their favour, but it was nought but impotent raging against the tide of the conquering heroes.

The undead squad cut even more sullen figures than usual as they trudged away from the pitch. Their first ever league point was within their grasp, but like so many passes and pick ups they let it slip.

Ps. Damn you Goatieeeeeeee!!!

Pete J and Goatee like this.
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Nice and tough game with @fix-the-spade eventually rolling the ball over the touchline on the 16th turn.

MY boys never really got into a stride in the first half, I made a couple of mistakes that lead to some less than optimal situations.

Both Hobbo's leveled up, so at least I finally have some ball handling skills.

12. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The League scouts also ducked in to observe this match and were surprised by how scared it was possible for werewolves to look when faced with three foot tall ready meals. Barring the endgame move and a chance in turn eight when the ball went for a little spin on its own, being collected by a wight just as the halftime whistle sounded, this was pretty much a midfield grudge match, with both teams apparently determined to judge the outcome based on number of injuries rather than goals scored.

Interesting times ahead for the remainder of the fixtures, since things seem relatively balanced, table-wise.

Pete J likes this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

++ Incoming round-up of the last round of round robins due soon from our Man In The Stands - watch this space ++

14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Games on tonight?

15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm so behind, lads - apologies no match reports up as yet.

@Midlight - you're on tonight with the Calves, still good for 6?

Edit: I'll also get my AI game sorted tomorrow.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2022
  16. fix-the-spade

Not for me, I've already had my league mandated kicking for this round.

Goatee likes this.
  17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Sometimes life just hates you (I'm the lizards getting pasted - several years ago):

Pete J likes this.
  18. fix-the-spade

That did look painful, Nuffle literally RNG-ing a touchdown to the other team.

Almost as painful as my Wight falling over and dropping the ball whilst standing on the touchdown line.

19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

That must have turned the air blue at Chez Goatee - the throw-in covered about three times the distance of the original pass and with laser-guided accuracy to boot. I suspect Dark Elf subs planted in the stands. Or witchcraft.

@Midlight - how you fixed for 7 instead?

20. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Sorry, didn't see the earlier one. I'm good now or whenever you are ready.