1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Boy Scouts get Game Design badge

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Mar 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Encourage children to design games rather than point them towards nature and survival like the scouts originally intended.

When's the sitting on ones ass for greater than 24 hours coming out? I'm sure kids today will get that badge pretty soon after joining the scouts if that's how it's going.

I'm all far teaching kids new skills that may help them later on life but that should be held by schools and after school clubs based on technology.. Not what taught me knot tieing, sailing and how to pitch tents.

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

The same lot who taught me how to iron a shirt and give a presentation then? Proper survival skills?

4. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

They should be good at Robinson's Requiem

5. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

scout badges: the original 'Achievement Unlocked'

6. Xir

Xir Modder

When the dutch scouts incorporated a "Shopping" badge I pretty much lost interest...

Then again, since the JOTA turned pretty much into the JOTI, I suppose Computers are a part of it all.
    I'll need a refreshercourse on what the heck Scouts do with a GPS though, it was all maps'n angles' compasses in my time as a leader

Tags: Add Tags