1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat Fight

Discussion in 'General' started by banished, 16 Jan 2004.

1. banished

banished Necromodder

...but this is my mousing hand :duh:

2. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

What the hell were you trying to do to the turtle ?

The most painful for me was when I got bitten on my shoulder by a horse.

3. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I feel for ya bro. My mousing hand is in splint right now cause I sprained my wrist. So there is no gaming for Deviate. :( :waah:

I wasn't gonna ask about the turtle...but now that the subject's been raised I have to admit I was wondering too. :hehe:

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Saying hello in his own, very personal, way obviously :worried: :p j/k mate, enlighten us all! :D

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym What's a Dremel?

A couple of months ago my Degus - Foggy, woke me up at 5AM squealing in agony. Being a bit groggy, and still drunk/hungover I put my hand in the cage and petted him, trying to calm him down.

Mistake!

He sunk his teeth into me, right down to the bone. Then he just clung there, and squeezed harder. Truthfully, I've broken bones, torn ligiments and taken a squash ball right in the place that men don't want to be hit. This hurt more then any of that! I managed to pry him off, but for the first time I can remember I almost blacked out.

Foggy ended up going to the Vets at 6AM, by which time my finger had swollen quite a bit. By the time the vet was finished he was more concerned about me. My finger was roughly three to four times it's normal size and the rest of my hand had started to swell as well.

Foggy ended up having some anti-biotic drops (which ironically had to be administered by hand into his mouth) and I ended up in hospital, three weeks of anti-biotics, a tetnus jab and unable to feel my hand for few days.

Oh and yes, everyone from the Dr to my mates laughed.

6. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

I have two cats at present, both about 10 years old. When one was younger it got startled somehow. It ended up putting it's claws in one side of my finger and out the other. I had to hold her down to get the claws out as she was jerking it around. I was bleeding all over the place. Had her declawed shrotly after ;) .

7. benthekiller

benthekiller What's a Dremel?

hmm, i love cats, and whats gr8 is that they love me back :). ive never been seriously injured by one, only the odd scratch from my cat, (from playing with the lovely thing... so cute...).

the worst my cats deon is actualy put its teeth up my nose, and attempted to pierce it, my cats a burmese, smart, foolish, and playful. and we have our little games, and she gets kinda miffed when i make sniffing noises around her, and im dong this, and snap, she goes for the nose, i have to say it was very funny. but my nose was already weak, a big bite made it sore for the rest of the day :(, (my nose was never the same after i slipped in the showers and got a liquid red beard :eek:)

i dont think ill ever have a cat fight, i mean i go to a cat shelter, and along the main path theres lots of little hutches, (not rabbit ones, like 2 floors and baskets and all), with the little cat flap to teh heated inside, all i have to do is walk past and they al got up and meowed at me, twas loovely :D

jebus, ive never written that much in one post..... :jawdrop:

8. benthekiller

declawed? isnt that like removing the claws altogether? i hope ur not serious...

9. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

We have a 6 mo. old Siamese, and from what I've gathered she has 3 states: comatose, attack anything that moves and attack anything. No ER stuff yet, but one time when I was gaming on my computer, she jumped onto my back and latched all of her claws onto me. After I bolted out of my chair, she gave me this "what did I do?" look.

10. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Yes, removed completely (just the front). Across the pond we tend to declaw indoor cats (usually just front, sometimes front and back). Of course some idiots declaw outdoor cats :rolleyes: .

It's just so they can't tear up the furniture and carpet.

11. benthekiller

thats not right, seriously, no offence to u but getting rid of cats claws, its inhumane and just plain wrong. a scratching post is good, or do what my mum does,jsut get some ordinary nail clippers and clip them, but not remove them, stops destroying for a while ;)

12. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

If you have them declawed, they have to be indor cats. Otherwise, they are easy prey for the other animals that dwell outdoors.

I personaly don't like cats much at all, I'm more of a dog person. Yeah, I've gotten hurt a couple times, but when the dog figures out they are actualy hurting me, it will stop doing that.

However, I still have my share of scars from my dog (I hate it when it gets back from the groomers, they always leave their nails so sharp after cutting them, ow!). ;)

13. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Contrary to the name I suppose ;) .

Anyway, I'm not going to argue the ethics of getting my cats declawed, it's quite OT.

That's why I virtually rolled my eyes on that statement ;) . You have to wonder why some people declaw outdoor cats, it just doesn't make sense.

14. jay

jay What's a Dremel?

my cat is nuts dosent hurt me much but chases my 15 year old son around when it gets a bit niffed and when it gets him it just clamps it self to his leg around knee hight ,ouch !

15. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

i have a 3 inch scar on my righ arm from my RABBIT...

Yes folks, i have the killer rabbit of doom. Damn thing BARKS at you when your feeding it, and she atacks you! Well sorry that im FEEDING you, ingrateful thing...

Oh yeah, my cats declawed. It doesn't hurt them at all, there under when the doctor does it, and they dont remove the "muscle" part, just the actual nails, so the cat can still extend their "claws" but nothings there.

16. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

I have two cats that never scratch people. No matter how mean we are to them (see pic below :D) lol. :brrr:

[​IMG]

(couldn't find a picture of my other cat)

17. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

All of this makes my cat sound tame! He was badly treated by his first owner, so he's absolutely terrified of everything and has a tendancy to run away a lot. The only times he's ever attacked me have been when I've been brushing him and kept going after he starts meowing... so my own fault really.

18. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

Fetch the Holy Hand Grenade!

19. Armand Karlsen

Armand Karlsen What's a Dremel?

OMG ROFL! :D :hehe: :lol:

One.. Two... Five!!

Three, sir!

Three!

*fweee....*
    *KABOOM*

20. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

ROFL :hehe: :clap:

I have a cat called Treblinka, after the concentration camp, as when we first got him he was a bone rack, covered with scabs, and almost bald. We later found that he was highly allergic to fleas, causing his fur to fall out, and the sores to form. He was a stray who was real fearful of anything, and he acted like a caged and cornered animal. He has now learned to love people, but he used to be very violent. There's the history, here's the story:

My uncle, who lived with us at the time, was petting Treblinka, with the cat on his lap. Occasionally the cat would show him affection by rubbing it's face against the face of whoever was petting it. (the cat would put it's front feet on your chest and rub your face with it's own) The cat reaches up, and puts 4 round holes in my uncles face. Before the pain can even register, Treblinka was on the other side of the house.