1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Channel 4 - get it on now!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cleggmeister, 30 Nov 2013.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Overall a good programme, but there were a couple of omissions and errors - such as "Pixar's Wreck It Ralph"...? Fairly sure that film was Disney Animation Studios, not Pixar.

Also the implication that Tetris first appeared on the GameBoy, when it had been around on on the C64, Spectrum and others for a long time before the GameBoy came around. There was even, if memory serves, a Tetris arcade machine.

2. Umbra

Umbra New Member

Obviously the history of gaming is a big subject for a program even a two hour program and it's impossible to cover many of the games but one glaring omission was Myst which was released 1993 and was the best-selling PC game until The Sims exceeded its sales in 2002, also nothing about "Kings Quest" or the "Broken Sword" series which were big sellers and no real mention of the point and click game genre many of which require a lot of thought and investigative work to play through, these games may not have the big sales of AAA games but they are very popular.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah - they glossed over a few I think. No mention of the Wing Commander series, which probably kickstarted PC gaming into the modern era.

However, given the negative press gaming normally gets, I found it entertaining and in some cases educational as some of the games I had never heard of. This surprised me as I have been playing computer games since about 1975! It coincided with periods in my life where I was pursuing other 'interests'!!