1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Cheap Korean 27" IPS Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by docodine, 8 Mar 2012.

1. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

This is a bit weird, using the ICC profile immediately adjusted my desktop colour - it's wasn't a subjective experience, it definitely did remove the yellow hue!

I found an option in my Nvidia control panel to use full 32b colour or something when i was messing around and I still can't see banding :|

Either I've discovered an amazing new never previously tapped into method or I'm doing something dramatically wrong and should be shot :)

And GB, I respect your knowledge on screens, I've been around long enough to know that you're the go-to guy, your wealth of info is astounding. :)

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Oh ok I see what you did. I think you used Windows built-in color calibration tool at some point in time, and loading that profile reset it to default, so that is why you saw the color adjusted. That in fact explains why you had a yellow image.. as the Windows tool allows you to adjust the overall color.. you can make it more yellow, or more blue. This does create banding as well.. but nominal.

If you never recalled using the Windows calibration tool, then you probably played around with it at some time, and were using wrong colors since. :duh:

It's always been 32-bit colors even for a TN panel. If you set it to 16bit, you'll lose gradients and transparency due to a lack of colors. This is something different.

I am talking about this:
    [​IMG]

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'll put it in quest speak so we all understand:

+ring
    -bank account control

-sex

:lol:

Parge likes this.
  4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Just wait until you have kids ;)

5. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Chloroform ...

no don't go there.

Unless its role play.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

As a general consensus, does it get the 'bit-of-excellent-tech' stamp of approval or not?

It might be the money burning a hole in my pocket talking, but my Yuraku has been great and a 27" IPS weould be a dream come true.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

For me, any of these screen don't get any stamp. I evaluate a product as a whole.

8. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

As GB says.

For me to whole-heartedly recommend that you take the risk would be unethical.

I personally am happy with it, my friends also think it's a great screen.
    Obviously being a total noob in these regards it's hard to make an unbiased opinion.

I was using a poorly calibrated LG 24inch TN display, and upgraded to a 27in S-IPS display.

Of course i'm going to extol the virtues of a dramatically increased colour gamut, and harp on about how white the whites are.

I suggest before taking the risk, read the many page threads on OC's forums and hardocp's - they cover the good, and the bad.

I spent 2-3 weeks poring over the decision and the months bonus in my paycheck made it a no brainer, "if it fags up i've got enough to buy a second" was my logic.

Listen to GB as well though, he's a master of displays.

The "Screen" is great, the rest is ****.

If all you care about is how the image looks (in an unprofessional, i like pretty in my eyes kind of way) they are fine.

If you're after robust, thoroughly tested and well supported in a fetching chassis, then avoid.