1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News China allows uncensored Wiki

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 16 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Yay, maybe Google should do the same. They can't be making much if their advertising is censored.

3. Nature

Nature Minimodder

My students have never even heard of Tiananmen Square or seen the "famous" picture of the man blocking the tank. I've taught at so many schools, (and a college now) and this piece of history is just missing from the education system... Rich or poor.

I think it's huge to let Wiki availible for the masses, but then again, if my students don't no about Tiananmen Square they certainly won't know about Wikipiedia..

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Thats why they need to be taught.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Why wife is from Beijing and didnt know anything about it either or seen the video footage of the Tank Man. I showed it all to her but she doesnt care much as even hear in the UK she is still scared of the Chinese Goverment and careful what she says and does. What she doesnt know makes her feel safer.

But it is censored and deleted part of their history inside of China. But still the UK is no better than them with our own Masacer of inocent people in our History.

We too kind of ignore our own bad points in History.

6. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Such as?

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

one thing: information is power so........POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

8. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I second nature. Such as who? We ignore but we dont stop others from finding them out if they wish so! We dont censor the average persons viewing rights on the web :eyebrow: that makes us a million times better than them!

9. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I just find it weird that a large thing like that can just be conviently ignored, I was never taught about it and was 2 at the time. I still know about it and I dont think that something like that should be censored.

Tags: Add Tags