1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church of Scientology Threatens Wikileaks.org.... Again

Discussion in 'General' started by OtakuHawk, 15 Apr 2008.

1. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

After releasing several "copywrited" documents on April 9th, the Church of Scientology (CoS) sent a letter to http://www.wikileaks.org (don't bother, the server's been DOS'd with all the traffic) requesting they remove documents pertaining to the church from their website. (they are all mirrored via bittorrent, good luck there.)

Despite the letter, Wikileaks states it will not comply with the "abusive request" by the Church.

"Wikileaks will not comply with legally abusive requests from Scientology any more than Wikileaks has complied with similar demands from Swiss banks, Russian off-shore stem cell centers, former African Kleptocrats, or the Pentagon. Wikileaks will remain a place where people of the world may safely expose injustice and corruption," stated Wikileaks in a release on its website.

Wikileaks further states that, "in response to the attempted suppression, Wikileaks will release several thousand additional pages of Scientology material next week."

The problem being that they ALSO hosted the Fitna trailer, after it was censored from various places. So their server is getting seriously pwned.

Scientology has tried to Beat the power of the Intartubes before. Don't these guys ever learn?

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

well this should be another tick in the box for anon, and their war against the scilons.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the irony is that because of this huge surge of attention they have become offline.... as the scientologists would want....

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

church my arse

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i just had flashes of a church shaped like an ass.... in which people have the religion of the ass and believe in the "ass in the sky"....

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

"And the Great Ass farted, and thus the skies were filled with nebulae and gasses. And there was pebble dashing, yea, which speckled the firmament with stars. And then the Great Ass crapped, and thus were the skies separated from the earth and the planets born. And we are but the flora that lives in the Great Colon, and we know the truth of the universe, of entropy and the way of all things, that all things in the end must turn to crap." --Gospel of the Great Ass, Chapter 1

lf there is a God, I hope He has a sense of humour, else I'm in deep ****... :worried:

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

trying ... must ... avoid ... random ... Big ... Bang ... joke ...

8. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

i just read some of the stuff that was leaked... i knew they were mad, as in mad, right of the Richter scale, but some of that stuff is very scary...

i find it hard to even think certain people are that stupid to believe it, but that's what they believe and it is their right to do so, but still...

9. Nexxo

This is one of those situations in which the brain is simply overwhelmed by the many, many different possibilities to mock the "church" of Scientology. :D

10. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Very true. It's so true I cannot think of anything to say about this.

11. Xtrafresh

many... many... many... :sigh:

Anyway, i don't think the actual belief of these people (aliens did it, we must rid your soul of their cooties!) is any more rediculous then let's say Christians and Muslims (some sort of celestial Big Daddy made a ball for us to live on to see if we would still believe in him after a couple of thousand years of getting ignored), Hindus (the universe is keeping score, so if you are bad, you'll be an amoeba next time!), Germanics (a very grumpy god rides a chariot with 8-legged horses through the clouds while randomly hitting stuff with his bigass hammer), Romans (nonono, you need to worship the god of lawns to get greener grass then the neighbours, not the god of grass) Greeks (the gods? yes, they're having a party on that mountain over there. Keep your daughters away from them)or Egyptians (i have to align my pyramid exactly or i'll shoot straight past the party at Orion, and that yellow ball is being rolled up there by a giant dung-beatle).

Did i offend enough people yet? :hehe:

The point is that it's not the story that is rediculous (erm, let me rephrase that)...

The story is as rediculous as other stories, but the people and the lessons they learnfrom those stories are just plain wrong.
    Scientology is the world's longest and most succesful scam, with most celebrity testemonials and more political influence then any other.

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

:D Sorry, I was just thinking of Discworld with a lot of the discriptions there...

13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Somebody needs a white coat. (The one with straps on the back)

14. Xtrafresh

lol, yeah, forgot the discworld belief of the ancient greeks :D

15. Nexxo

Actually, the ancient Greeks knew that the Earth was round. They even had a pretty accurate idea of its size.

I think that Blademrk is referring to Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

16. Xtrafresh

i know, i'm reading "the science of discworld" right now :D