1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Clean up hidden files etc..

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yeoo, 9 Feb 2012.

1. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Whats the best program to remove hidden files images temp internet files etc, seen evidence eliminator just wondering what is the best method to keep my friends system squeakily clean.

appreciate the help in advance, the system uses a SSD if that matters?.

2. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

CCleaner is what I use.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ccleaner does a good job.. but for some reason is unable to clean the Temp directory.
    But that is no problem.
    Go there (C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData (hidden)\Local\Temp.
    Ctrl+A, Delete.
    Hidden files and folders will also be deleted, because you selected all files with Ctrl+A.

So run CCleaner, and manual clean the temp dir, and you good.

Zener Diode likes this.
  4. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

You can manually add locations for CCleaner to wipe. Select Options>Include>Add and then insert the address specified by GoodBytes. You can then choose whether you want it to delete files only, or files and sub-folders. I haven't tested it on temp though, but I think it should work.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Ccleaner does clear the %appdata%/local/temp on my machines (using the 64bit exe) and i didn't set up for it to do anything extra. Clears all except for a couple odd log files that are probably in use. The thing that it does that irritates me, is every time I use it, adds a nonexistent folder entry for some ie*random hex string* folder in the index options which causes a problem, if I forget to go to indexing option and remove it right away.
    Otherwise Ccleaner is great.

6. JMMD

JMMD What's a Dremel?

I always use CCleaner. I'd be happy to try an alternative but it works fine for me.

7. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Brill9iant guys it seems pretty concurrent CCleaner is the one.. now will theses files be recoverable in anyway if using SSD wil garbage collection sort this?