1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam CoD: Ghosts - digital hardened edition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by woods, 1 Nov 2013.

1. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Exploitation has been Activision's business goal for the past 6b years

It just makes my blood boil that people fall for it

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I saw that on steam and wondered how it was possible! I cant see why anyone would buy it...

4. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

I have also seen the min requirments which I meet all except my HD5850 what I would like to know if the slower HD6850 and HD6870 also fall beneath min requirments, a bit of cofusion here not that I am going to buy the game just wondered if it was a game breaker for future reference. I know I need to upgrade my 4year old yoyotech i750 but will be sad to see it go after years of brilliant gaming. Looks like a 290x build. Sorry about my rambling. But on topic dont buy this rip off

Last edited: 2 Nov 2013
  5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

It does seem hell of a lot but you think a lot of people will have paid £94.99 for battlefield 4 with the premium content. I paid £75 brought the game directly from origin and paid £30 for premium(game points).

The game (COD)needs 40GB HDD space it must be a massive campaign bulid a fallen state to glory. We could be talking revolutionary single first person shooter gameplay.

My other half got me black ops 2 last year for christmas so she might get me the standard version.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2013
  6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Wait, what? The base game is £40 and then there's a map pack for THIRTY FIVE OF YOUR BRITISH POUNDS? In that case, an extra £20 for some extra guff doesn't seem like much of a stretch, does it? If you're prepared to bend over and drop £75 on a game, what's an extra £20? :D

7. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

I still think its a rip off and map packs should be included in the original game. Did I read somewhere you have to pay for game patches or updates as well?

8. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

A few pints :lol: Who needs the extras

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

"Digitally Hardened" ??

I think Activision is selling you something other than map packs.

10. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Vote with your feet, I know I will. Several million will bend over as usual.

I can't help but wonder if even the mainstream will become saturated with Fifa COD eventually... surely there are only so many imaginary wars and on the rails tropes they can come up with before they run out of ideas?

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Another COD Bashing thread on the internet lol.

I bought it because I play the COD games allot, some people think I am mad or just a plain fool but I don't care as I simply like playing the games.

I have Battlefield 4 and to be honest I will get Premium for it at the end of this month so I can play it once or twice a week with, my fellow clan members but other than that I will mainly play COD.

Look at the likes of World Of Warcraft etc where they charge you a monthly fee just to play the game and iirc that is around £10 a month so people, can be paying up to £120 a year and they are as far as I am aware getting no extra content but just paying that price in order to play the game.

Then you have the likes of Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances which is a Pay To Win game basically, and that can cost you up to £120 per month or more.

People just see the name and the price and instantly start slating it, because it's seen to be "cool" to hate the COD games but then they have, no issue with other games being the same price or costing you more money in the long run.

The clan I am in is a typical example of it, as soon as they got rid of the Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and introduced the paid for DLC, quite allot of them refused to buy the game.

Then Black Op's came out and they all bought it because it had Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers, and they even paid for the DLC.

Then it was mentioned about the Season Pass thing for Modern Warfare 3 I think it was at the time, where you paid a one of fee and you got all the DLC cheaper than buying them on there own and they, all slagged it off to high hell.

However as soon as Battlefield 3 Premium was mentioned they all instantly jumped on it saying how good it was, and I just laughed at them all and called them Hypocrites.

Now with COD Ghosts they all see that some of them will have to upgrade there pc's slightly if they want to play it and they are slagging, it off again but because they have to upgrade for Battlefield 4 they are praising it because it's pushing there pc's.

Sorry for the rant but it just annoys me when people pick a game like COD and start slating it for one reason or another, whilst other games do the same thing or worse and they are left alone or praised for it.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

13. rollo

rollo Modder

BF 4 map packs will be similar expensive. The price includes all DLC so its basically BF4 + premium which is a pretty similar price.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

BF4 digi deluxe is £54.99 + £39.99 for premium so aye its pretty much the same :(

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/buy

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

16. rollo

rollo Modder

BF4 and COD are basically the same price. Once all the premium and DLC crap for both is counted.

£190 worth of games basically.

Map packs as they are called are a pretty expensive thing these days. Whats a free map pack none of the major 2 brands have given away a map pack in years. Not really another online FPS thats played much outside of the 2 either. ( ignoring planetside 2 which will cost you alot more than £95 and is a mmo)

Patches cost activision and EA cash on Microsoft xbox platform. PC side will be free for both can not comment on a console version.

People can not say vote with your feet then pay £95 to EA for BF4 + premium does not work that way lol.

Borderlands 2 + season pass cost me £55 on launch.

COD gets alot of hate cause of what it is but it will still outsell BF4 despite the price. COD also has alot better Single player camp usauly to go along with it. At least it tells a story.

BF3 Single player sucked, Not yet played BF4 single player can not really think it will be a vast improvement.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

call of duty has single handedly destroyed the modern FPS. end.

if you want to fight about it raise your hand, as a game designer I'll quite happily educate you as to why it is loathed.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  18. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Only because it sold time and time again, "gamers" are responsible for continually buying the same old shite year after year.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

even IW themselves admitted that the people who buy this "game" are not gamers.

20. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

What are they then?

IW have been spewing **** since MW2 came out, even though it's a whole new team, it's the same old rubbish. Remember when they promised a "cheat free" experience for MW2?

As others have said, it's not that expensive considering the prices of other games and they won't be changing too much when revenues are guaranteed to be over a billion dollars.