1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer fun

Discussion in 'General' started by mikealex, 28 Oct 2007.

1. jfab199+

jfab199+ What's a Dremel?

I can't believe no one put up the one where you change the setting of the mouse to left handed, I did it at work to one of my co-workers(since she never locks here system) my supervisor knew and would check it for her and use the right button to click like it would work for him but not for her, she got so damn aggravated, you can also set emails to send on certain days with outlook, so she has also sent out some emails that say she is buying lunch on that day

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Done to me many times. Even the first time you very, very quickly figure it out and change it back.

I once pulled a classic dilbert joke on my old boss at a hardware store. He knew I was into PCs, so asked me why he couldn't get get the internet working. I had one look, saw that the clip that holds the network cable in had broken and that the cable had slipped out a bit. Then I told him that he needed to find the ethernet data chip, which must have been pulled out with it. I told him it was about the size and shape of a pin and must be somewhere in the carpet - then I went to serve some customers.

Twenty minutes later I went back to check and he was still looking - at which point I caved in and "found" it for him.

3. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

At school if i started up in safe mode i could access any ware on the entire network even the heads account folder, I had some fun with that one.(i could see grades but i didn't mess with them)

I could also get past the site blocker easy which was fun on other peoples PC's.

Take a floppy to bits and the case makes a very good Frisbee.

Misaligning the smart board is fun too.

I used to have some good fun with my mate (only one was computer literate)

4. CardJoe

That's blatantly a lie, one way or the other :p

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

well if you are in school and they have a "surf blocker" go into Outlook and use the web browser there.... hasn't failed yet and we have had 3 different blocker programs in use.

6. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

I could see some grades of a class he taught (an ict one) it had some progress sheets of which i didn't touch, (I'm not like that)

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

argh we have this nasty astaro thing. blocks everything. oh no. it has humour it must be blocked. oh dear there is a gun lets block it. a news website. oh that should be blocked because then we will know what the real temperature is. its crazy.

8. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

that would kill my system, dont think my PC would like trying to open ET:QW, GW and the Bioshock demo at the same time. Other than that there's just FF and my computer which shouldn't be too much strain. Dam my habitual laziness, now if only i had more hotkeys on my keyboard that problem could be solved...

9. jfab199+

jfab199+ What's a Dremel?

I also found a new one today if it isn't already mentioned, if you press ctrl+alt and down arrow it will turn the screen upside down, I tried this on win2k, for some reason it worked on some pcs at work but not all, I tried on 5 machines, mouse is upside down too :)

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

On mine it just scrolls down...:)

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

IIRC it's a Dell thing.

Stealth Edit: Google says it's Intel video card drivers that cause it.

12. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Intel GMA integrated graphics driver, IIRC. But then Dell is keen to use integrated graphics, so most all Dells will work at school/work/etc

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just done it on someone elses Dell.

Plus de gags..

14. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Its the AMD drivers actually, its one of the features that is best to disable. Never understood why you'd want a hotkey that rotates the screen.

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

If someone leaves their pc for a moment, open up an explorer, go to bit-tech, and open up the legendary CK's Royal Pain In The Ass project log.

All this prank needs is a way to disable all input functions other than scroll - then it would be an absolutely awesome prank i think :D

16. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

aha, that made me chuckle

anyways,
    It is the Intel GMA driver mostly you see on dell's, but i think most video drivers have this option somehow, in one form or another.

17. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

QFT
    there has to be a way to put all that into a batch file; and for that matter an autoexec on a flash drive so you just plug in the drive then remove it (maybe just an OK/Cancel window first so it doesn't bork your machine when you connect it)

18. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

My ATI driver has the option to enable it. I enabled it just for fun, so I could confuse my friends while they're using my PC. :D

19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

YES RADODRILL!!!!!1111 I would love to have that in a batch file :clap: Someone here must be good enough with pc's to know this!!???!!

20. CardJoe

Oh no - now we're getting an unofficial Bit-tech virus? :duh:

(well, ok, not a virus, but you know what I mean...)