1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Confirmed Scam

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 28 May 2008.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

Oops :D

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Spent 50mins holding on phone only for the call to suddenly end. Was from a landline, so it's not like the call dropped. Sent them an e-mail, I expect a reply within the next week probably. Meh.

3. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

OMFG, this is such a horrible thread.
    Why do PP insist on siding with that asshat over you?
    How much proof do they need that you're the one being scammed??

Maybe send him some dog **** in a box?

4. DarkLord7854

Haha, I keep asking if they want me to send them the box and the items, so far they keep saying "we'll see" but if necessary I'll go to any lengths to either:

a) get my iPhone back intact with all accessories

b) get my money back and reverse the "refund"

5. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Paypal and ebay are friggin awful at the moment, two years back none of this ever happened, a dispute was analysed and all 3 parties spoke together, not anymore, christ knows what the hell they smoke up in their offices but everytime, without doubt they will side with the buyer... 3 times now i've been screwed over by this "game" that paypal and ebay like to play so i can feel your pain on this one.

There is no way to convince them otherwise either, i've been on the phone to people like the person you spoke to who have said "oh yes, it looks very good, looks like it will be in your favour" but thats before they recieve the email back from the buyer, who all he has to say is "yeh i didnt receive it" and they instantly turn on the offensive, take his word and issue the refund... Its a pile of ass is what it is and it pisses me off that a legit company can take such a biased stance on a whole set of events.

/rant over

but yeh, i'd definately seek legal advice and take it to court, at least get a summons or something and forward a copy to the russian's address, if you do go down this route, dont forget to claim damages aswell

6. DarkLord7854

I'm thinking that if they decide to be asses and continue siding with him, I may just not bother using my Paypal, I never use it anyways, so it wouldn't be much of a loss, and if they try to grab money from my bank, I think that's considered stealing since I didn't give authorization no?

7. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Personally I would hint at a lawyer and lawsuit to PayPal. If anything it usually makes them take you seriously (CS reps dont take anyone seriously). The last ebay problem I had was as a buyer. When the item did not arrive in 40 days when they said 14 I was concerned. I got a number of people who via email and phone basically blew me off. I then send an email to customer service and CCed it to a manager or sales president or something that basically said if I did not have my money back or a valid tracking number within 72 hours I would be contacting a lawyer and the BBB. Within 24hours it had been shipped next day. I recieved it the day after.

I hate it to get to that, but that is something tangible that can be used in court with a deadline. Also, it makes them take you more seriously than swearing (which I have had to do a lot also).

Good luck and I am sorry you have to deal with this.

BTW make sure you request reciepts on the emails.

Nick

EDIT: also just realized that it could theoretically be a post office problem. As a last resort you could require the post to refund you the money for the extremely damaged and tampered box that was left at your door w/o requiring a signature. That was the returners fault and they can't prove you recieved what they sent.

8. DarkLord7854

Hm.. I'll have to try that, I would definitely file a complaint with the BBB and I can contact a lawyer friend of mine as well.. Thanks

Also, what I love is the fact that I kept asking them if they would send the explanations as to how they came to the conclusion they did, but I've yet to receive any, I've fired off 3 emails so far to them, and I try calling but I just can't wait over an hour on the phone to talk with someone for 2mins before being put on hold for another hour before getting told "You're going to win this one, no problem" and then having them hang up on me. BAH.

I thought about the possibility of the item being jacked on-route.. but the thing is, that doesn't hold together, because than it would have been noticed by the post office receiving it and the buyer shouldn't have opened it. But because he did, it leaves the case fully open to the fact that he could very well have swap it himself. Had he left it sealed like it came and sent it back immediately, then it would have been obvious it was the postal service's fault and action would have been taken against them. Obviously, this isn't the case.
    I don't know about you, but if I received a heavily damaged/re-sealed box, I would not open it under any circumstance.

9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I would start with NzC's suggestions and if that fails, get in touch with a lawyer because technically if you know the other guys address and name you could sue him for fraud ( i believe).

10. DarkLord7854

Only problem is that I don't have actual proof of putting the iPhone in the box, other than the fact that I don't have an iPhone anymore (obviously) and maybe the USPS officer who took my package and helped me pack it, and my roommates who dropped me off at the post office with the iPhone in hand, neatly packaged in it's retail box. I should have taken pictures/video of it I guess..

I wouldn't mind giving the guy a refund.. but I want my iPhone, in like-new condition with all accessories like I sent it, back if I do.

11. DarkLord7854

After 26 emails, 39 dropped/can celled calls, many of which I ended after staying on hold for nearly an hour (you should see my cell phone bill). I finally got a rep, who promptly opened an appeal for me, noted down EVERYTHING I told him, which was nice. When I hung up with him, I thought, alright, maybe I'll get a fair decision passed, maybe only a partial refund, maybe a full reversal, hopefully a full reversal. The rep told me I would be contacted by a manager, and asked for further information, pictures, police report, box sent to paypal, etc.

Precisely 1 minute after hanging up, I received a new e-mail from paypal.

12. Major

Major Guest

Surely your friends are witnesses to you packing the iPhone?

13. DarkLord7854

Yes, and the USPS officials who helped me pack it and walked me through writing the customs declaration and everything

14. Major

Major Guest

Ok, so that has to be more than enough evidence on your part of the deal, right? You cannot lose this case at all, the **** in Russia has no chance, surely?

15. DarkLord7854

I'm on the queue to talk to a paypal rep again, I find it ridiculous that it took over a month to conclude "Bvuyer must return item to you" and only take 1 minute to conclude "You lose your money, shutup"

I'm incredibly pissed off argh.

16. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

you may aswell give up right now... no amount of horror stories ever gets through to people... sellers do not win these cases, its a pre-determined given entity, its already set, its a rule, sellers are supposed to be able to pick up the flak because aparently we're all established businesses on ebay/paypal even if we have a personal account.

I'm not being mean or spiteful, i've been bitten more then once, and have friends who have been aswell, sellers DO NOT WIN these cases, ever... it just doesnt happen, unless you can physically speak to an executive manager in person, face to face, then nothing will happen.

17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Are you serious? Surely that is an insta-win card you can play, that is if they listen to you. I lost track of the thread, do you have the money in the payal account still or is it out? What I mean is they cannot take the money out of your account, so if your paypal balance is zero then what can they do?

Just spend hours on the phone getting through to the highest person possible, not the monkeys. At least nothing gets lost in translation then when the worker tells the manager. They will be able to tell your a decent guy and it will hopefully help you case. Dragon is right from what I have heard, you will not win, but you could if you just keep trying. I am sure the other guy will eventually give up. Surely if the guy is doing this, he has done it before, they should be able to see he has had X amount of disputes, hopefully anyway.

18. Major

Major Guest

Shouting and Swearing = Talking to the highest person.

19. DarkLord7854

I'm taking legal action against the buyer. I talked to 8 different managers, they're all douchebags, I'm not "losing" money technically, since my paypal was empty anyways, and I never use paypal, but even though it doesn't harm me in any way, there's no way in hell I'm letting some arsehole play his little scam games and potentially hurt others, so I'm filing a police report, I've got all my friends and family, and everyone I know start writing testimonials seeing me packing the phone, driving me to the post office, seeing me with the phone before sending ikt off, and never seeing the phone again after sending it off. Also contacting USPS to see what they can do, maybe pull security camera footage of me packing the iPhone, shipping it, confirmation of the weight (important) of the item being sent off, the customs declaration, if the weight changed anytime, what the weight of item was when it arrive in Russia, what the weight was when sent back, condition of package, etc.

I managed to get a freeze on the guy's paypal account and all funds are pulled and held on his account, also contacting eBay to freeze his account, reversing my rating on his account, going to see anything and everything I can glean about who this guy is, where he lives, job, etc. Got a few friends in the police dept will start a police report tomorrow and get the ball rolling.

I'm not letting this guy walk away without at least trying my all to make him pay for his scam.

And if he didn't do it, and some arse at the postal office stole it, then I'll be sure to make them come to justice.

It just really pisses me off how people can do such things and get away with it. Ugh.

[/rant]

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it

20. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

That really sucks, thats the reason why i prefer to buy in store with cash instead of online through a third party. Come to think of it, i'm still waiting for my 64 bit vista disc to arrive, i payed for it about 3 weeks ago, and they said 10 days or so, though i was able to call in and get the cd key, i still want my damn dvd if i need to reformat. What good is the cd key without the cd to re-install...

Your making the right decision by taking legal action, the f***** doesn't deserve to walk free after what he has caused. It is people like that who really make us honest people look like the bad guys. We know we did everything right, but because the third party decides that the "customer is always right" we get screwed over. I wish you best of luck in your legal actions, and again, it's really unfortunate about the whole situation.