1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Cool Image. :)

Discussion in 'General' started by icutebluezone, 5 Aug 2008.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Because it's impossible to legally download digital content, isn't it? :worried:

2. Fudge cakes

Fudge cakes What's a Dremel?

Downloading will never cease

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Stick the final bit that comes after the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" between the youtube tags. :)

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

downloading will become bloody difficult if the UK ISP's do what they want to do.

ISP are gradually making there connections faster and faster and yet they want to stop illegal downloading.. that makes no sense to me!

5. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

That is like saying that using the headlights on your car doesn't make your car use any more fuel or that carrying a passenger doesn't make your care use any more fuel.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

of course the postman would use more fuel delivering a CD or DVD to your doorstep, however its such a small amount you dont even need to worry about it, as its a lot less than if you were to drive and get it yourself.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I doubt the weight of a CD is the same as a passenger, though.

As for the headlights, they'd be using those whether your CD was in the van or not - There won't be added fuel consumption for turning those on with an extra CD's weight in the van than if that CD wasn't (Unless electricity is suddenly affected by weight, in which case, the additional fuel consumption of a CD's weight would be the least of our worries). Admittedly there will be increased fuel consumption for the weight of your CD, but it's not going to be a fat lot, they don't even make 300grams packed(Guestimation there).

8. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Thanks man. :)

9. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Ummm, I was using an example of added weight increasing fuel use, the no free ride example, like when you try and explain how you cannot get enough energy from the alternator to power your car from hydrogen without increasing fuel use above what you get from the hydrogen.

Where did I say a CD/DVD weighs as much as a person?

Where did I say that having a CD in your car and switching on the headlights would make it use more fuel?

What I was saying is that any increase in weight in your car increases fuel use just the same as switching on the headlights increases fuel use.

EG:
    If having the CD/DVD in your car was to increase fuel use by 0.0001% and having your headlighs on increases fuel use by 0.01% tha means having a CD/DVD in your car and having your headlights on increases your fuel use by 0.0101% (0.0001 + 0.01 = 0.0101).
    You are trying to say that I was saying that it would increase your fuel use more than that eg 0.1%, extra fuel use from nowhere, I did not say that, they were examples of how any change to the draw on the engine from either increased weight or increased load on the alternator increases fuel use proportionately, the no free ride example.

Talk about trying to twist my words around to make me sound wrong. :rolleyes: :duh:

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Hmmm a pitty i can't see the image. Bandwidth exceed.

But my avatar is funny too :D

Tags: