1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cost of games to rise to £70 rrp in 2010

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GhostRider_77, 27 Aug 2009.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

By raising prices your giving people more of a reason to lead to pirating software and games. People will see that a modchip costs the same as 1 game, and you can have many more games for that simple price. Money can make people do terrible things, such as good people doing bad things. We probably all know someone who does it, and they would willingly do it for you or advise you were to seek in search of modding. By jacking up prices, they are just asking to lose more money to piracy.

2. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I think it's a test to see how far on the Angry-O-Meter it gets the interwebz folks like us and they'll base their new pricing on that. Well if they are listening...
    NO, WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND £70 ON GAMES!!!

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

theyre aiming high so when games go up by £5 everyone can say at least its not £70 as we expected

4. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

30 quid tops. Then again I am from Norfolk.

5. s1n1s

s1n1s What's a Dremel?

£70 is crazy there is no way I can afford that being a student and I'm pretty no parent would be willing to buy a game for £70 unless they have £70 lying about here there and everywhere.

P.S looks like I switched to pc at the right time :D

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

So stores like GAME are just gonna close down their incredible lucrative pre-owned business are they? I don't think so. I can easly count on 2 hands popular games that weren't available in stores. Any major release does get released in store and I don't see that stopping any time soon. Sure more games are available for download, but hard copies of games wont go away any time soon, at least not for consoles.

At £70 RRP I don't think I would ever buy a new release and wait several months for the price to crash. As has been pointed out before on this forum, check out the top sellers for the 360 on play, very few of them are above £20. Arkham Asylum is at the top, but it was released today, after about a week or so and it will be out of the top ten. If full games started selling for £70 then only the very major releases will see significant sales at launch.

7. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

I really don't get it. Why are THEY making the cost of development so high?

Most modern games are no better than many older games. I still have more fun on Fallout, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Diablo II, old C&C games, etc than many modern games. I love good graphics, but not at this cost.

If people weren't so bloody obsessed with 3D graphics, there would still be loads of small studio's putting out great titles with 30+ hours of gameplay. Now we get "OMG LOOK AT TEH GRAFICS!!11!" but with poor gameplay/story and short lifespan. Of course there are exceptions but still....

I wish 2D RPG's and RTS games were still being made. At modern HD resolutions it can absolutely AMAZING, yet is significantly cheaper than producing a modern 3D engine. It allows faster content creation and is usually far less buggy due to its 2D nature. Anyone played BG1/2 at 1920x1200? I think it looks amazing, loads of detail and variety. Sure beats most modern RPG's like Oblivion which is just re-used graphics content everywhere you go.

That enough ranting for me anyway....

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

True, I want Ensemble to make another RTS.

AOE3 wasn't the best, but it was frankly awesome for what it offered, sadly it killed it self with it's multiple levels of complexity.

9. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

think at £70 a pop, I'd download it & just buy it when the game is put into the budget packaging & sold for £10

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Where has this come from then? You starting rummours?

Activision wants it to go up to £55 but whos claiming its going up to £70?

11. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i'd never buy game for more than £30, i guess used games will sell much more & piracy will rise to record high with that kind of price.