1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Counter Strike: Global Offensive (IE: CS 2)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 12 Aug 2011.

1. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

bullet spread on the main 2 rifles is the same pattern every clip. so for instance if you hold your mouse down and empty a clip into the wall and dont move your mouse, the recoil on the AK47 will go, straight up, then right (if i remember rightly). All you then do is the opposite when trying to control it, so for instance, youll drag straight DOWN, then to the LEFT. Obvisouly being online itll be more difficult, espically with higher pings.

The M4s recoil if i remember, it goes up, right then left. so all you do is down, left then right. takes a little while to put into effect when shooting at actual enemies, but once you grasp it, youll notice the diffrence in KD.

As for strafing and shooting at long range, generally one to two bullets should be shot, so click click, not clickkkkkkkkkkkk.. reload. some people fire three and can pull it off, i prefer 1-2. Also when strafing make sure you dont go left right left right, mix it up, so like left right right left right left left etc, as the enemy will not predict a counter strafe. And finally make sure when strafing, strafe widley, dont just wiggle on the spot, As your just basically standing still lol.

Sorry i just thought id share some tips ive gained through thousands of CS videos online. If you look them up, a good set is by HeatoN he goes through recoil, tactics and the like.

Hope this helps some peoples.

EDIT: This is from Counter Strike 1.6, generally it still applies for Source, but the recoils diffrent.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Okay, this is a thread about the new game so let's try not to take it too far off topic, but since you've brought it up, let me make a few points:

- People take it seriously because it's a globally played competitive (eSport if you want to call it that) game.

- Choke points are nade spammed on public servers. If they were well configured public servers, they would have the same 15 second buy time that any CSS 5v5 match has, and that wouldn't happen.

- All people use are the AWP, AK, M4 and Dealge if that's all they can afford or if they are the weapons they're most used to, and also simply because those are the most effective weapons in the game. You'll often see me using an ES Five-Seven or a P228 pistol instead of the USP or glock, and you'll also see me using the Bullpup (AUG) or Krieg 552, because they are good weapons in some situations, with good muzzle velocities. I'm a diverse player, a non-diverse player will just use the same weapons over and over again, and never have any practice with the other just-as-good- weapons in the game.

- Weapons being banned is just stupid. I try and stay away from wepon restricted/banned public servers. Again, in competitive play there are some rules, but weapon restrictions are not among them. You get the equipemnt and weapons at your disposal that the game has to offer.

- The only way to get your head around the bullet spread or reciol is to play more and experiment with different guns. People who can hit you for "109-120 in 1" damage with a well aimed headshot from an AK or an M4 aren't lucking it, they know how to control the recoil.

- Aiming for the chest isn't what it used to be in CSS - When I started playing the game I used to have a very simple and clear burst fire playing technique, it involved firing 3-5 round bursts from a (usually silenced) M4 or AK, beginning at the chest and moving slightly farther up to hit the head as well. I had to change that after a while to make sure that I was hitting the head first, because between poor hit reg and kevlar vests, hitting them in the chest was taking too many hits to kill. It used to work, but like I said, the game has changed and now you really have to take the headshot if you want a swift kill.

- In CS:S, you make your own luck.

I speak from 7 years experience playing this game, both for fun and at a competitive level (4 seasons of league paly with a UK clan and several tournaments).

Last edited: 14 Aug 2011
  3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Sorry to derail further.

i can fully respect having a game balanced enough for pro-play. I just don't understand how if everything is balanced then why do people swear by the weapons i mentioned earlier . Perhaps i'm the wrong person to comment on this but i like seeing stats on weapons, items, units etc. when i play games. Whether it be FPS or RTS. Denkirson's weapon charts in COD and BF come to mind.

Without this info i honestly feel blind when i play. Also, i'm not sure if it's just me but sometimes i empty a whole clip into an enemy at close range in a panic only to find out most missed due to the crazy bullet spread. It almost feels like the game deleted my bullets as a form of punishment for spraying.

4. Unicorn

When you say weapon charts, do you mean this sort of thing?

Note that the chart I linked to is out of date - that's the chart I still have bookmarked from when my team was playing in the UK league. The since "nerfed" weapons on that list that stand out to me most are the Scout and Desert Eagle. Neither do anywhere near as much damage as they did back then.

5. spectre456

Yeah. except it could use info on run speed with different weapons, penetration values, running accuracy etc.

On topic.
    How the heck will this game sell on consoles. most people will say that its gameplay is outdated if it doesn't adhere to fps standards (ads, sprint button, hot-keyed 'nades etc.). If valve doesn't make it like cs:s or 1.6 then people will say it doesn't have "that feel".

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

That's simply because at this point nearly half of players on any server are hacking - it's just a given with cs sadly at this point. Ruined a truely brilliant game.

If they change very little, but make an actually effective anti-cheat, then I'm in.

(Oh and make it more like CS7.1...it all went downhill from there!)

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

To derail further, if I read correctly the people now responsible or at least partially responsible for the development of this new title are the same people again, responsible or partially responsible for the update to CSS, that's the large update we got in 2010.

Personally I really disliked this update and it has pushed me way down any ranks in the game, for a start I miss the 'broken-ness' if you must call it that, I played CSS religiously and still do to an extent but I find now that I just don't know what i'm doing. I used to dish out headshots with the AK from more or less any distance, same with the USP and M3 shotgun. Now I find myself not able to get nearly half as many kills. On the CPC server for example I am getting repeatedly killed with 140 in 1 shots with the AK, how they do it I do not know as I can't seem to find the hitbox for the head nevermind for 140.

I play as efficiently as I can, I don't have my buys macro'd incase of a mistake, if I have enough money it is simply "B,1,4.B4,2(3*).B6,2.(3.4.5**) (*CT, **nades.) I know all the standard maps so that depending on which area I wish to go to first I can take the fastest line possible, if that means risking bumping into, jumping over something or losing health from falling down to somewhere then so be it. But since the update there seems to be too much unnecessary information being displayed. Don't get me wrong I went hunting for the achievements to begin with and got most of them in good time, but it just doesn't seem to be the same.

As for cheating, it wouldn't surprise me if there were more than I can imagine and even people I know using them, plenty of times I have had people hit me for a 1 hit kill through a door, come around a corner and do it or whatever it may be. But I tend to find a server I am comfortable with and stick to it.

I would love to get involved competitively again but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of rewards to reap from it these days and I don't plan on spending my evenings trying to bunch together a team that are going to get bored after 15 minutes and can't rely on.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2011
  8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Sorry but that's a load of trollop. I've been hearing this excuse for a long time now and it happens with some regularity but definitely not to this extent. If you've played the game long enough you can usually tell the difference between a hack and a luck/skill shot or if people are using wallhacks.

The easy way to combat this is to play on a server that is admin'd regularly such as the CPC server. It's rare to see a hacker in the first place but they are quickly banned if noticed. Problem solved and as a plus there is usually a good level of banter!

**EDIT for Canon:
    I'm not sure what this update did, I've forgotten; but it seems to me that it didn't affect me massively. I have some problems with load times and random connection freezes entering servers but otherwise gameplay itself seems mostly similar.

I didn't have a custom config or anything, using defaults apart from a macro'd set of buy keys which I've used since 2000 back in the original CS and which is bound to numpad..

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  9. spectre456

i just read on PC gamer that the source engine will be used again for this game. I'm curious as to how it will look with the latest engine updates.

Valve will probably release ep3 when the new consoles come out.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i predict EP3 will be the last huraar for the ageing source 2.0 engine, then HL3 to debut source 3.0 with all modern techniques... (maybe DX14? lol) and just like what HL2 was, HL3 will be the "crysis" of its time.

11. andrewtorr

andrewtorr What's a Dremel?

Cant wait for this, hopefully it will finally replace 1.6 and cs:s, however hidden path are continuing to develop cs:s and have made some pretty big changes in the beat of cs:s which should be coming out soon.

My biggest gripe in cs:s is that flashes blind you for a ages even if you turn around which they have changed in cs:go and the movement which is from what I've read is still like cs:s, so if they fix that im sure it will be great as long as there are no hats....

12. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

The hacking is terribly rampant, but yes if you play somewhere sensible then it's generally better.

That said resent the implication that I haven't played the game long enough, I played since beta 1.2. The favourite was of course 5.2, which had the rail gun. Game peaked at around 6.1, and then went downhill from there as they aimed to make it more commercial. It got very popular around 7/7.1 before hitting retail. Source is just awful in comparison, clunky, slow and not as well thought out.

13. October

October Mariachi Style

14. spectre456

This is not CS2. Just fyi

15. Unicorn

This is the only CS2 we're getting mate, believe me.

16. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

The beta's finally been released, If anyone wants one, i think i've got 3 codes left that should work

17. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I would like a code please

18. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Sent you a PM, be sure to tell me if it works or not! lol

19. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

I'd like a code if possible

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Can I haz a code?