1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courier takes matters into her own hands - sparks debate...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Malvolio, 3 Feb 2006.

1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

A series of dramatic photos showing a driver and bike courier in an apparent scuffle over litter in Toronto is generating heated online debate about how far the envelope can be pushed in taking a stand.

The photos on the website citynoise.org depict a Jan. 26 incident in the Kensington Market district, a popular tourist site known for its fruit and vegetable markets and tiny shops.

According to the website, the male driver tossed some litter onto the street. The female biker picked it up and tossed it back into the van. He threw coffee on her and the two appeared to fight.

Online chatters were abuzz on Tuesday with their opinions about the alleged incident.

"I often feel like doing just what the courier did by throwing back the garbage into the car," said one person's posting. "Even as a pedestrian. But to get coffee dumped on? That's clearly assault."

The photos are located Here. What I don't understand personaly is why she stuck around. Most couriers I know would have just thrown the garbage in and booked it out of there. Hell, I've seen couriers do it before. It's simple street justice.

What do you think? Was she in the right, or was the driver in the right for throwing out the garbage?

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

^^ That's where the blame lies IMO.

Personally I think he should be charged with littering and assault. A couple of those photo's (with the courier practically on the floor) look particularly vicious.

3. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I've got nothing to see about this other than the last photo is frekin hillarious...

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Good on her tbh, the guy deserves a good kicking for throwing coffee at her. If someone throws litter you've thrown out of your car, back in your car, at least have the deceny and sense of embarresment to drive on without comment, don't throw attack them for standing up to jerks.

I'd love for the guy to have a limb or two removed, but I'd settle happily for a few years in jail.

5. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

Mmmmmm. What happened after she put the litter back in his car? He threw coffee on her and then jumped out and attacked her? Or did she retaliate to the coffee by attacking him?

I'm still "on her side" either way, but if he jumped out in a rage like that just from the litter thing he needs locking up quick before he kills someone.

EDIT: Was the car/van moving while she opened the door and threw the rubbish back in?

Last edited: 4 Feb 2006
  6. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

I'm siding with the courier.

Wish she had a taser on her, that would have made for some funny pictures.

7. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I don't know exactly how the events folded out, but it appears as if he was in the wrong from the very beginning by littering ( a punshiable fine) her reaction rude and confrontive was a equal reaction, throwing coffee back how ever was not. Also look at their sizes anyone ever teach him not to punch girls or pick on people smaller than you. In the end just from the vicousness of his responses the courier was in the right, and his responses weren't justified by her actions

8. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Apparently it went like this:
    • He threw some litter out of the car and he threw it back in
    • He then threw a cup of coffee over her
    • She then keyed his car
    • He then got out and stomped on her bike a few times

Both sides were in the wrong in some way, and helped to escalate the matter. Keying his car wasn't a bright thing to do, as based on the fact he threw a hot cup of coffee over you to start with, isn't going to go down well. She should have just left it there and got his number plate. He was in the wrong all over, aside from his final actions, i f**king hate people that litter.
    On a side note the photographer says that he tried to get a picture of the guys number plate but he opened the boot and came at him with a baseball bat.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I still say he deserved it. I'd have keyed and rode off like nobodies business.

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

lol it looks staged!,look at the guys expressions. tho it looked like he got his ass kicked.

11. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned