1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU temps as reported by Everest UE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by identikit, 30 Apr 2007.

1. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I recently purchased a copy of Everest Ultimate Edition. Quite a nifty all in one package. One thing of question however: how accurate are the temperatures it claims?

In this graph the 92 degrees C is for the CPU. However the CPU cores were at 100 and 98.

[​IMG]

Under ordinary conditions (I say ordinary, I have fah running 24/7) and it says the CPU is at 80-85 degrees C.

What is a good and reliable program that can test to see if these temperatures are indeed correct?

Computer specs: AMD A64 X2 4200+ @2.7Ghz, Asus A8N-E motherboard.

Last edited: 29 May 2007
  2. DMAthlon

DMAthlon What's a Dremel?

my BIOS (as many others do as well) shows me the temps on POST as well as in the configuration, check there immediately after a restart.

EDIT: i have a single core 4000+ on an EPoX 9NPAJ board and my CPU temperature only hits 40C/100F if all of my case fans are turned down to a minimum (via fan controller). the highest temp i think I've ever seen is 42C, and that was when my room temp was at about 79F with all 4 of the fans down.

even with your mild OC, those temps must be wrong. processors aren't meant to be within degrees of boiling a pot of tea.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2007
  3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I doubt it's accurate. Download and run Coretemp, most people consider it to be the best temp measureing for CPU's excluding TAT(an intel program, which for obvious reasons you cannot use).

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

[​IMG]

CoreTemp says my clock speed is 2400 but CPU-Z and Everest say 2700.

But I guess that answers my question, Everest is accurate then. I'm going to go and make a cuppa on my CPU.

Last edited: 29 May 2007
  5. DMAthlon

DMAthlon What's a Dremel?

wow that's HOT! your case must be exhausting warm air if that's the case.

but i'd go into your BIOS and see what the actual frequency settings are at if multiple programs are misreading the clock speeds. un-OC'd, that chip should run at 2.2ghz. maybe you just got a wicked bad chip for OCing

6. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Update: I cleaned the inside of my case of dust and dirt. While I was at it I put some new Artic Silver on and reconditioned the heatsink. Got a 2.8Ghz stable OC and temperature reported at 55 degrees.