1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 announced, is multiformat

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jun 2009.

1. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Devil May Cry 4.

Advent Rising.

Just sayin, they do exist.

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Wow another chance to sell a million+ copies of a game and still announce that PC gaming is 'dead'?

3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I should add I have a grudging admiration for what FC2 tried to do, I'm just frustrated by the fact that it was so obviously hamstrung by the needs of the consoles. Can't make it too difficult for the little kiddies, can we? To wit, there was no reason to get the .50 cal sniper rifle, because, versus human targets, it was no more or less accurate or lethal than the dart gun - even at a mile's range. To wit, your elaborately-planned super-stealthy approach to the task at hand is frustrated by your inability to climb comparatively gentle slopes to the sniper's nest-o-doom. Because of an invisible wall. In a game you were promised was open. Bad developer. Bad!

The fact that the environment was so good just made it more frustrating that the whole thing had been consoled-down for screaming, seven-year-old brats named Jake whose hot-faced shrieking is the only way they know how to respond to the discovery that they can't dart gun people at more than a couple of hundred yards' range.

This is the sort of drivel I can do without. Games for grownups, people.

4. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Crysis 2 is coming..... That all matters

After that I cannot understand what's the point of DX11 or DX10 for the same matter, while all the games are ported from consoles with current generation trying very hard to get DX9c quality working!

5. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

lol I still need to find time to finish Crysis so I can move to the next before I can move to Crysis 2

7. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Will there be a Wii version? :p

8. dec

dec [blank space]

just when i was thinking that amd and nvidia had fast enough cards (the upcoming GTX300 series and Radeon 5000 series) to beat crysis at 2560 x 1600 8xAA 16xAA this comes along

9. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I am looking forward to this and my new 5870x2 !!!

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

exactly, if you want the best experience, go for the PC version, as always.

examples of PC games that are superior than crapsole:
    -GTA 4
    -Halo 1
    -Fallout 3
    -and of course all Source engine games.

11. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

btw when you buy a console, you have to PAY for FREE updates, just ask valve, microsoft and sony said they had to sell updates not give them out free like valve does with Team Fortress 2

and you also got that consoles are not cheaper than PC gaming, why? console games cost more than pc games, so it adds up to be same cost ;)

12. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

"Name me a single multi-platform game where the PC version was substantially superior to the console versions. "

Any First Person Shooter game that has mouse and keyboard controls! :duh::wallbash:

Last edited: 2 Jun 2009
  13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I didn't hate FC2, I hated the concept and the advertising that it was "realisitic" but everything about it made no sense.

14. Shaka

Shaka What's a Dremel?

Still best on PC.

15. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

If they make it "look at my ass for 5 levels" third person. I will personal destroy all consoles I see in my surrounding. I will be like a Terminator only this time its the horror version of a T-1000...

16. seveneleven

seveneleven What's a Dremel?

Although CryTek have written arguably the most advanced game engines (iD Tech engines are also impressive) IMO that's the only thing they're good at doing. Their games lack depth and are only worth playing if you can afford a nice PC that can run the game decently on maximum settings. That's why nobody wanted to shell out ~$50 for a game that wasn't guaranteed to run great on their machine. So I don't think the PC gaming community will lose a lot if CryTek switched to console exclusive development.

17. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

GTA4 and Halo? Really? GTA4 was a slow, buggy mess, and Halo was, well, about 3 years late. If it didn't run any better by then, there'd be something terribly wrong.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

GTA4 is only said to be slow because those who whine are those who get noticed. apart from crappy Games for Windows Live system (which should be blamed), it's a brilliant port, especially after 1.1.2 patch. even in its original release state, it's not buggy at all.

i only put Halo 1 in because Halo 2 was such a mess, the FOV and not centred crosshair is only good for consoles only.

19. JollyRogers

JollyRogers What's a Dremel?

After playing games in my PC for the last 20 years I finally decided to convert my faith to console. The upgrades are just too fast for my wallet and will. And you know what? I don't regret it a bit.

I have the same fun and the same gaming experience playing COD4 and GRAW2 in console as with my PC (and the smooth action took my attention from the slighty less screen resolution). I even don't have to think about the hassles of frame rates, drivers, or any hardware/software conflicts. Of course the controls need some adjusting and keyboard+mouse combo is still the best, but as long as I can still make a headshot, I'm a happy man.

Piracy is also an understandable reason for CryTek. I'm from a country where 80% of PC sotware used are pirated copies. So it's better for them to sell games for console (PS3 especially) that is still free from this crime.

20. Valdisnei

Valdisnei Can i haz a dremelz!?

on FPS games Mouse > Joypad.
    Fact!

Tags: Add Tags