1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 22 Mar 2011.

1. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

My bro would have probably gotten this game for the ps3 if the demo itself worked :eek:

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Read it before.

3. Nabil_18

Nabil_18 What's a Dremel?

Oh damn!! I only have a ps3, so I guess I'll stick to killzone 3. Not surprised though, Crysis was always more of a PC game I suppose...

4. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

How is it?

Last edited: 23 Mar 2011
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

get used to it pete -=p

7. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

From the article i felt, a 5 would have been reasonable!

A 6 would have been generous!

And a 7 is outlandish!

8. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Not a sensationalist review at all, crysis is a pc game with ridiculous graphics. 90% of the members here are going to judge this game in comparison to the original as it's primarily a pc website. Joe has given a fitting verdict... What is eye candy on an ageing xbox is visually a step backwards from what created all the hype about crysis in the first place. Joe's review is more than fair, bit-tech always criticised the actual gameplay of crysis and this review states this is one area that improved. There are masses of fps out there but only one crysis, famed for bringing gpus to their knees and causing more upgrades than probably any other single event simply because the more horses ur pc had the better it looked. That, and a nano suit is what set crysis apart, crysis 2 appears to be just another fps. The nano suit cripples the framerate on xbox even further.

9. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

FPS drops on a console? Wow... I thought console games were designed to work flawlessly in all situations, considering there's only one hardware config to develop for.. Either Crytek haven't gotten the hang of programming for console, or this is proof that it's time for a new model xbox/playstation.. Black ops had similar issues, altho that was just poor programming.

If the PC version is anything like the demo, then I'll pass. "press start to continue" anyone?

10. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Come on! Where's the dam PC review? I'm so pissed off that a site dedicated to PC hardware would waste print reviewing the console version. This is Crysis....not Halo not Killzone not Mario but Crysis. You think you guys would have a 590 GTX or HD 6990 with an Intel core i7 2600k just waiting to rip this game a new one.

But NO. your playing on a 360! I understand consoles are easy cash but come on where's the loyalty? off to find a PC review. P.S. I guess you'll be reviewing Battlefield 3....PS3 instead of the proper PC version.

360-tech.net

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Hey Joe, when you guys review the PC version could you test the AI again. I remember the first crysis had somewhat poor AI if you turned down the settings i believe. I just want to know if the superior processors in PCs would improve the AI.

Oh, and please tell if mod tools will be released. Modders can hopefully tweak all the irritating (console) concessions out.

if you read the thread you would see that joe mentions the game unlocks later for the PC than the xbox. But since you didn't you look like a massive jackass right now.

12. wardogz

wardogz What's a Dremel?

PC GAMER QUOTE: This game may look and play best on PC, but the cross-platform development has definitely had an impact. Specifically, it’s disappointing to see that Crysis 2 makes some absolutely baffling technical omissions. The graphics settings menu offers just four areas to adjust: resolution, v-sync, HUD bobbing, and one of three pre-defined quality settings. Why can’t I pick what level of anti-aliasing or shadow quality I want in PC gaming’s most beautiful game? Quick-saving, too, is replaced by checkpoint autosaves; a developer console was also nowhere to be found.

:(.

13. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Read that review last night. Bad Crytek.

Saying that, they still gave it 89/100 for the gameplay, although they seemed to like the multiplayer most.

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm interested to see if the PC review scores differently.

15. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

I hear the pc version is only direct x9 and NOT 11!!!!!!!

wtf!!!!!!!!

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Meh.

'nuff sed.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Huh, about what I expected, I'll still buy it although I'll wait until the prices start to drop.

I'm running through the original and Warhead again on rock hard anyway and having lots of fun trying different strategies - though I still hate driving that damn tank in Onslaught.

18. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Sounds like it'll be successful on the consoles.. And yep, it definitely sounds like a step back from Crysis 1.

Looking at the score chart explanation page, I do think a 6 is the best fit to the review. But is no biggie.

I'll take this off my "to buy" list, and will wait until it comes down in price a fair bit. And - y'know - ships with DX11.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

To be honest, it would have sat at 6.5 for me, but we don't do half points. In the end, I figured rounding up was fairest given that everyone usually tells me how grumpy and harsh my reviews usually are. Seems like I can't win these days :(

20. SASKing

SASKing What's a Dremel?

This score is much lower than every other review I'v read so far. I'v read about 6 reviews too. I think you are comparing a console title to the previous PC title which is unfair as you should base them on their own merits. We all know consoles don't have the performance of PC's.

When you review the PC version then compare the titles.

Tags: Add Tags