1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis: new screenshots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 20 Apr 2006.

1. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Someone I know who actually codes and designs graphics engines for living and therefore knows alot about these things sort of dragged me back on the ground by being pretty confident that these shots are taken from prerendered or similar instances or more of the "tech-demo" type of material.

Made me think, that maybe we (and BT) are being fooled to think these are shots from actual gameplay...a load of hype or real? I think I'll have to rejudge my...response to these images.

Does it matter if these images represent the final product or is it something we just take as entertainment but don't actually believe to be so in the end?

2. suicidal-kid

suicidal-kid What's a Dremel?

Wow. I can't wait to get this! I hope that this is really how it will look. And that my comp can handle it.

3. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

It's all marketing....the shots are most likely polished static render shots. Even if it's in engine it'll be polished up and the rig it was on will be something a little bit special (even if they don't say so out right).

One of my closest mates works in the games industry and it's a well known fact that developers use polished up game versions/special game rigs to "wow" us at expos or in marketing.

Though you can bet your last cent that it'll either look as good (or better) than these shots....though most of us will not have the hardware (or afford it) to get even close to this quality by the time the game is finally released. I had to play HL2 at 1024x768 2xAA 4xAA on a 19" moniter when came out....good, but a bit too fuzzy until I upgraded my GPU.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

These would prob be running on 7900GTX 's in SLI with a good few Gig Of ram and a couple of high speed procs too

5. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I like what I see, except it could use some AA. It inspires me to build a new computer so I can max out all settings.

6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Think I just justified Bleeding Edge...how are we supposed to work after seeing those pictures :eeek:

I upgraded for FARCRY, and I'm going to have to ask for a pay rise for this one.

Make that three pairs of wet pants :jawdrop:

7. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

tbh, when I first saw the video, I had a crysis in my pants :D

Then at GDC 2006, I saw the same video, running on the BrightSide HDR LCD monitor :D

Shame I won't get the chance to play it at E3 :(

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oblivion had amazing graphics...enough said there.

I really doubt that will work on a "normal spec" PC as the dev quote says but damn those graphics look good. I hope they actually release it with that level of visual quailty and they have some good gameplay to match it.

9. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

When Farcry came out current gen hardware wasn't nearly as good as today's hardware. I really doubt that these are prerendered. Everything looks amazing, except for the screenshot of the beach where it look like the put a texture there that has houses on it, doesn't look very good( this one here http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/04/20/crysis_new_screenshots/3.html, the middle-right one). Too bad I probably won't be able to play this until I graduate. I don't think my trusty 6600gt will be able to handle this(at least not on 800x600 and everything low) : (

10. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

The game looks so sweet. I have one issues though. The rifles the troops are carrng in the jungle need to more detail. The game so good but there guns look crap.

The pic of the island looks so nice. There is one pic were I can tell the difference betwean real and computer render. Man the next step is to get PH X card now.

11. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

Yeah, Im going to wait until then as the barton cpu and x1600 agp card still is choppy in places in some games. With games like Oblivion out though, I am very tempted.

I did see the video of Crysis and it's pretty stunning stuff - the shots do seem pre-rendered but having seen the video...i dunno.
    This game would probably make good use of the 48 shader engines that ATI's chip has. Probably might be a good future investment.

12. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

the little thumbnails look like photos lol. that says it all.

13. WarningFromSpace

WarningFromSpace What's a Dremel?

Nothing official has been said about Crysis supporting a PPU yet

14. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

ehh i've seen better........

15. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Is it jus me or is that a little toooooooooooo real... :worried:

16. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Each and every game in the universe could look this good. Far Cry, and now Far Cry 2 look so damn good because Crysis busts their balls making it look good. The black man's excessive textures and flawless modelling didn't happen on their own, you know.

17. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

OMG- I want this game

18. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

It's just you :D

this game rocks :jawdrop:

19. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

wow thats stunning

shame that ill never see it in real life in the DX10 version (i hope)

as at the moment i have no plans on ever upgrading to vista

atleast it will still play on current hardware

and OMG that black mans face, i swear thats a photo :jawdrop:

20. logan

logan flashback!

:D

Tags: Add Tags