1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. Soulmage

Soulmage Minimodder

starbuck3733t: probably for ventalation.

G69T: WOW .. looking very very good man.

2. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

that is going to be sooooo awesome. wow, your gonna need a UH-60 and sling load that thing to move it! haha

3. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

First of all, I would like to say that the massive amount of attention to the tiniest detail is what really make this case special, and not just the shere looks of it. But, there's a but...
    I'm not to sure of the colorscheme, what I mean is that the blue and green CCFL's kind of make the case remind me of something like this
    [​IMG]
    (yeah, she ain't no beauty). So, in my mind, either green or blue would fit nice. Also, removing both colors and replacing them with some lovely white CCFL's would definately be the best.

But over to something else, what hardware are you planning on? Am I guessing a nice black and blue Asus motherboard, complimented by a blue 7800GT from either Asus or XFX?

4. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I think the green and blue look alright together as long as he uses it well (which he most likely will0, that other case just looks ugly since it has all that multicolor stuff, which is just plain, well, you get the picture. This is a great case and i'm glad its finally coming together so beautifully.

5. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

This is something that is 100% personal preference. I agree with you regarding the 'not so good looking' pic you showed. However, I disagree regarding G69T's case. I actually think the blue and green go well with the design, and think it might not look as good with only one of the colors. As for white, well, personal preference again... I think it would look dodgy in comparison. With the amount of aluminum, I think white would wash out the appearance.

6. Liquid

Liquid What's a Dremel?

that´s insane :rock: :rock: :D

server stile :thumb: :D :rock: :rock:

:clap: :clap: :jawdrop: :naughty:

7. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

i think the green and blue looks wicked!!! i had that in my old acrilic case, and thought it looked ace!!!!!!!!

just one question, is the top bit with the swords goin to be turned black to match the bottom section?

awsome work, i LOVE this project!!!

8. Dragonphreak

Dragonphreak Minimodder

I think he said that everything minus the sword blades would end up black. Its a nice project, and I've been lurking here drooling for weeks now :)

9. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

the only thing i think is wrong about the case, is that the top half looks less organic, i hope ur gonna mirror the organic sides of the bottom half on the top.

10. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thanks all guys, very thanks!! :rock:

This is the core of the Dark Blade Project, THE SWORDS. I'm very pleased of the partial result, for the moment. ;)

I have polished all the case pieces for the black anodization in the next week. :)

Yes, all the pieces will be anodized in black color except the 4 swords (standard oxidation in silver color). ;)

11. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It'd be so nice to see the swords kept silver, maybe polished to a nice mirror maybe?

12. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

The measure of the sword+guard structure are 458mm. :)

The space is required for the grid aspiration and for a sufficient swords proportionality. ;)

13. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Sorry? What's the UH-60? :confused:

The polished aluminium isn't protect from the surface oxide. :(

This is something that is personal preference, I have chosen the green / blue colors in contrast of the structure black color. For the hardware, I haven't still chosen. ;)

14. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Military helicopter :thumb:

<A88>

15. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

:duh: Thank you <A88> ;)

16. MikeK

MikeK What's a Dremel?

This is just fantastic. If this is not a work of art, I don´t know what that is.

G69T: Great work!!

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

To be accurate [url='http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/uh-60.htm]THIS[/url] is an UH-60. :D

Do I have to mention like the 10th time how much I love your work? Yea, I have to!
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!

18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Oooh nice, illegal URL in Opera- never had that one before :D Sounds naughty...

<A88>

19. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!