1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Star One Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 18 Aug 2006.

1. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Nice review & I really like the "this card = this quality" idea. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: also for the modding option

Ah, the nostalgia of the original Wing Commander (sadly, while the game was ground breaking, the movie looked to me like a re-hash of old WW2 stuff).

What joystick are you using?

@ $49.50 Canadian it's not exactly a bargain so I think I'll look for a few more reviews

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: ROFLMAO @ last bit

The dual side mounted sticks (SR22) look odd since one for righties & the other for lefties - old style sticks look like a better idea to me. (Although at first glance I thought it was 2 sticks for one person & thought that was cool)

Yep, found joysticks @ Logitech too (though the link to game controllers had a pic of a steering wheel). Being a lefty I like my Saitek Cyborg evo, but sadly it has gotten too little use lately.

3. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

nice review,might have a gander at it :thumb:
    but i will stick to eve-online in the long term,minmatars rule ok :rock:

4. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

actually i think the perspective screws that up a bit, but it kind of looks to me as if that thing could be in the middle

Although i'm not an expert on it ;)

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

It looks promising at least. I just ordered a new joystick of ebay becuase mines an old serial port and my mobo doesnt have a home for it anymore *sniff* anyway i brought it to play tachyon: the fringe, i love that game and thought i could do with playing it again, i dont care about the graphics its just good fun, much like this game sounds.

In the review it said that joystick support was limited, any ideas which ones are supported?

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

My Saitek St-220 Worked in the demo. When i get the game i'll let you know :D

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Scan have started selling a usb version of the old "Kempston" joystick. I remember these from my old speccy...

I've got 4 MS sidewinder pads/sticks:
    1x sidewinder FF2
    1x sidewinder precision pro
    1x sidewinder pad
    1x sidewinder dual strike (dire)

and there's always adapters for ps2 pads (or even a 360 (wired) pad. There should also be an adapter soon for the wireless pads)

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

looks like someone likes MS controllers. Have they ever stuck to any hardware other than mice @ keyboards?

ROFL@ Kempston stick. Now to find one a doze nue Atari 2600s

If the Saitek sticks work well in this game I might be more interested. (haven't used it since Crimson Skies)

9. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I just got a Wingman Attack 3 from ebay, when it turns up i'll let you know what its like!

10. Xir

Xir Modder

on Sale on GOG for 5$ ;-)

Tags: Add Tags