1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Data Protection Officer

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-18698, 2 Feb 2024.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Correct.

I normally test in prod to be fair.

zero. I've offered the opposite if it was ever needed to keep the site up.

2. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

ok? pointless comment. Guess you missed the part where I stated there were posts I could not edit nor delete myself. Get back in your box..

Right, back from my holiday!

Hahaha thanks for the laugh (a real deep, hearty laugh), I needed that Gareth, comedy gold! Though really the translation being “Have a weeks ban because my fragile ego can’t handle it” is much more fitting, don’t you think?

You quoting a PM I sent you into the public forum just literally proved that, and is even more fitting now than it was then! A self-fulfilling prophecy, bravo. Too funny knowing that one lived (still lives/will live) rent free in your head, brilliant! So again, thanks for the laugh and vindication, guess I need to go pick up those toys again..

Want to talk about abuse? Abusing your ‘powers’ (laughable btw) is the real abuse here silencing me at the drop of a hat, all because you couldn’t handle ‘Now be a good mod’?! Good grief you are precious aren’t you. Any time someone doesn’t agree with you or doesn’t sing your praise or has opposing thoughts/perspective / defends themselves/ says something you do not like or challenges - you label as abuse? Yet you are the one goading whilst abusing… Interesting.

Instructing me ‘to rethink my approach when I come back’, are once again laughable and inane taking into account my completely innocuous comment/s, which triggered you to instantly run to your ban button lol. I’d suggest if you cannot handle my approach/comments that perhaps, it is indeed you who needs to actually have a rethink.. (its ok! Really! Other ‘mods’ can step in if its all a bit much for you) take a week off, maybe it can help.

Sorry to let you know, your ‘powers’ do not intimidate me, nor will oppress me, nor will make me bend to your will - as unfortunately for you, you just don’t hold that kind of ultimate power over me.

Did you miss the part where I was leaving this forum by my own free will? Well at least trying to leave (trying to ask questions, trying to understand processes beforehand etc), but you just keep holding me back by abusing me with your ‘powers’ Gareth!!! Extending my stay here against my will! Twice now! (really, I cannot wait to leave), let me go!.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say though, as you are clearly free to make up whatever arbitrary rules/bans you like, and that seems to be the crux of where you seek enjoyment/fulfilment (apparently). I am soo glad to no longer have to be a part of that and witness it/be subjected to it, or to any community that normalises it.

Thanks for the entertainment though during my exit with the satirical antics. I say with the upmost respect and sincerity though, when I say that I do hope you are able to work on yourself and wish you luck for the future. Cheers

3. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

PM'd - Please close my account.
    Thank you MLyons

4. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

PM'd - Please delete my account.
    Thank you MLyons

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

On this we agree, it would seem. That's a big ol' post for someone who isn't "staying salty."
    Actually, your post was reported by another forum user for breaching the rules.

This time, though, I won't wait for someone to report it. Have a permaban, and enjoy your newfound freedom. I know I'll enjoy the peace!

David, Isitari, Goatee and 3 others like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well now…

We’ve always been extremely relaxed with moderation here, as far back as I can remember (though “remembering” is getting harder these days, this account is pushing 22 years old after all…). And I know it takes a lot of buttons being pushed before Gareth takes action…

With that in mind…

I’ve had the odd public disagreement or scuffle along the way, but on the whole I’m more than happy to remain subject to the pretty good balance we’ve struck here :thumb:

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

And nothing of value was lost.

Vault-Tec, Weekly_Estimate and David like this.
  8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The thread title made me giggle, pictured someone sitting there protecting the data

Thank you for your service

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A black egret protects the data:
    [​IMG]

10. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Needs more doggo!

11. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

He's been pied off

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You're kidding, right? Look at all the valuable CPUs he had listed on the marketplace...

...no, wait, it was just one CPU, listed about a dozen times.

He gets told off for repeatedly abusing the MP rules, throws a hissy fit and demands special treatment to clean up his dross, before removing his account.

Yep, you're right, nothing lost there.

IanW, Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Can't see the image.

15. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

That’s how protected it is!

16. MLyons

Screenshot 2024-02-12 225024.jpg

Isitari, IanW, Byron C and 5 others like this.
  17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

and you all thought I complained a lot…

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Quit moaning…

Isitari, IanW, DeadP1xels and 2 others like this.
  19. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I like you. Nail, head.

20. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Wow, not seen the ban hammer used in anger for a while.That gave me shivers.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2024