1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DayZ Thread (Standalone)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 18 Dec 2013.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

That's weird, people generally get pretty hurt when I shoot at them, or if they shoot at me.

Had to take the approach of shoot first ask questions later, as people would not respond to "friendly" and just fire or pretend they nice and shoot later or shoot without you seeing them....so the only ones getting the benefit of doubt are people without guns, as long as they keep their distance...

2. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

Yeah of the few times I've encountered an SKS I've neither gotten a kill with one or been killed by one. I've used them on zombies but I'm not entirely convinced they aren't bugged. Mosin, M4, shottie and pistol kills I can confirm though.

Also yeah our squads policy is to chat to fresh spawns just so they know we're friendly when they stumble across a weapon, try to avoid armed players but kill them if there's any chance they could be a threat. Normally we're all pretty geared up so I guess they might make assumptions.

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Some screenshots from the last few sessions with Ninjaplease and Nihilo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ninjaplease

Touching fingers was actually really difficult

5. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

"fingers"

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Just spotted on Dean's twitter that the cause of the FPS Drops / Lag has been successfully patched on the experimental branch and will be heading to the stable branch as part of the usual Wednesday scheduled maintenance.

In the mean time, don't do too much inventory tetris, or put stuff in protective cases as that seems to be the main cause of the flickering / matt texture item issues that causes the problem.

7. NIHILO

now where am i gunna put all my ammo/meds/food?

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Shoot/use/eat? lol

Just have to be a bit more ruthless with what you keep and what you don't. I had some shotgun snap loaders in a protective case, they were fine when I put them in but when I went to play again today the game crashed three times before I was able to work out what caused it and to dump them.

So far I've had no issues with ammo boxes or first aid kits however, so you could well be ok there.

9. NIHILO

really? thats wierd, i havent had a problem with the protector cases and ive been using one since like 2 1 of this current character

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

One interesting bug I found whilst streaming/playing.

If you have the Burlap Sack on your head pre patch it is wearable like that until you take it off and then place it back on your own head.

Pre patch putting it on your own head there was no black screen etc. Post patch it does black your screen and make the wearer blind.

Today I spent about five hours running around from Electro up to Zelen. Picking up food, drink and gear. Now armed to the teeth again.

11. ninjaplease

Think that goes for all of us now. I for one have more firearms than food/drink items, don't even get me started on how much ammo I've got. Also finally got a pristine PU scope on my SKS (thanks to monsieur nihilo) and I'd be very upset if I don't get at least 23294 kills with it on this character.

12. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I'm like Arnie in Commando, when he gets geared up in that gun shop.

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Still rocking a Mosin with with all the extras including LRS and FNX45 with a couple of spare mags (oh how I wish the silencer would work),

Going to wait before I die to try out the SKS as I'm not sure I fancy running between military bases searching for a pristine LRS again for days. I also have a pristine ACOG in my bag that I'm hoping will survive my envitable death so a friend can loot my corpse and I can slap it on an M4 should I come across one first.

I haven't been playing much because this memory leak/texture bug is giving me motion sickness.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Oh my, leave Thursday for vacation and come back to a new update! Yes sir, I like it!

My first time using an SKS on another player ended quite well. The first ~8 shots I likely just missed, when it connected it was obvious! One hit and the guy went down. I put another into him on the ground in case he was just prone, but I'm pretty sure one chest hit did him in. Not sure how to feel about that, really. Maybe he was a little hurt already.

15. NIHILO

Goodluck with the LRS, they are super rare. I had one up until this afternoon. I was killed becuase i had to take a phone call, came back to my comp and was dead... Loses include Mosin Sprayed green w/ compensator and LRS, FN .45 with Tactical light, a Sawn off shotgun, plenty of ammo for all 3 including a supply of medical gear, food, and full TTsKO camo and Tact vest.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

To be honest the time I spent looking for loot was quite enjoyable. I will be streaming DayZ so getting killed in a decent shootout and then going back to the search is fine with me.

Getting attached to gear is kind of silly.

The Mothership

17. NIHILO

well i was on a empty server with speed when i guess a server hopper stopped by while i was on the phone. i didnt get to go out in a blaze of glory

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What's your channel then dude?

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

yea he gets mad donations too