1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Deciding Between 20" & 22"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow_101, 8 Aug 2007.

1. LegolasUK

LegolasUK What's a Dremel?

Well they're both around the same price now ~£230 so I can go for either. Only negatives i've heard about them are the 2007WFP having a twinkling effect when playing movies and the 215TW having input lag.

2. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Well I have a DELL WFP2007 20" wide in front of me and I love it, image is extremly crisp, colors look great (yea black is really black ).
    I think if you buy a Dell you can't go that wrong weither it's a 20" oder 22", but I'd say go for the bigger ;)

3. LegolasUK

Do you notice any twinkling when playing movies? At the moment i'm leaning slightly more towards the 215TW but mainly because of the size, I have an 18" 5:4 monitor at the moment and compared to the Dell the Dell is wider but a bit shorter whereas the 215TW is wider and roughly the same height.:sigh:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Out of all the 20-22" monitors we've had in the BT/TR office recently, we still compare to the 215TW as that's the benchmark. :)

5. timmythemonkey

timmythemonkey Monkeymodder

I'm perfectly happy with my 20" ASUS (if it wasnt for the control issues ive mentioned in other threads). I prefer the sharper picture produced as both 20" and 22" run at the same res.

Just please dont make the mistake of thinking "for the same money i could get a huge HD tv and hook my PC up to it", as a friend of mine did. Sure it looks great on Sky and the Xbox360, but it lacks a lot when it comes to pc usage (not to mention getting a pain in the neck from looking from side to side!).

6. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Well I'm not too sure what you mean by "twinkling" but let me say that I don't notice any noticable quality drawbacks, colors look good no ghosting, no "stutering"
    an no "picture-flickering" or anythin else. so I can't really complain about this monitor at all ;)

7. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Would agree with this 100%. Blacks are so black with this panel.
    I would also trust Bit Tech guys though as they have had them side by side. :)

8. LegolasUK

Ok well it seems the 'twinkling' problem doesnt exist or isnt as bad as people have said, so now what I need to know is what advantages does the 215TW have over the 2007WFP? especially since the guys at Bi-Tech seem to prefer the Samsung:)

Also how is the 215TW for gaming and does it suffer from 'input lag'?

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The 215 is basically the doggy's danglies in all respects for the moneys. The image quality is top notch and response times are plenty fast enough for mere humans. :)

Tags: