1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Desk Mod: The Blade Desk [5/09- Waterblock update]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bladesingerz, 14 Dec 2011.

1. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hey guys so here are some HD pictures that I took together with my sister!

Keyboard and mouse on top
    [​IMG]

Keyboard and mouse to the side
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Close up of the motherboard.
    [​IMG]

~Bladesingerz

Waynio likes this.
  2. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Very nice at some stage would love to do something similar :thumb::rock:

3. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Really like it with those lights! :rock:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nicely done mate.

stars & rep

Oh yeah & a vote for MOTM. :D

Last edited: 6 Jul 2012
  5. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Mod of the month contender?!

I'm so happy to contend in the MotM this month! I've always looked at the amazing builds there and now I'm on there! I still can't believe it! The contestends are really amazing this month but I'm really happy with every vote I get :thumb:

Thank you all for comments and feedback during my build, it really means alot to read them :clap:

Thanks Bluc! And you totally should, desk builds are always awesome to see! :D

Thanks L3p! Yeah I'm glad that I've got new tubing, now the red & UV led strips look even more amazing!

Thanks Waynio! I'm so happy to be nominated! Thanks for the vote!! :thumb:

~Blade

6. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Congrats on the nomination!
    Also voted for you :)

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Voted for you :).

I really want a new desk now..
    Well done on your mod.

8. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Thanks guys! Every vote really means allot!

I've got a small update that I wanted to post for a while now so here it is! I apologize for the bad quality photo's, iPhone sucks! :)

I bought my self a... GTX 580! :rock::blush::eek: got it from ebay for a good price, very happy with it and it arrived in perfect order, first time that I used ebay so I was very carefull in on my bids.

First thing I noticed when I unpacked the card... ITS ENORMOUS! Just look at that PCB compared to my GTX550 Ti! Its also double the weight I think!
    [​IMG]

I've tried to reposition my PSU so the cables would be long enough to reach the GPU, and since my GTX550 only had a 6pin cable and the 580 has a 6 & 8pin cable I had to be creative :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The PSU cable looks bad, really ugly in my oppinion, but I'll replace it soon with a new premade extension cable. I thought of using bitfenix cables but I had trouble when installing the 6pin cable and the 8pin has to go further so I need something longer than 45cm, sadly thats the maximum length that bitfenix has...
    If anyone has some suggestions for sleeved extension cables they are most welcome!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats it for today, I'm allready planning my next update though, I'll be getting some 1m sata cables and sata extenders so I can place the HDD's on a better position, I really don't like them now. I also might watercool my GTX580! A big step, towards silence!

~Blade

9. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Update time!

Its been a long time but its finally here! My GPU waterblock! I've had a lot of problems with it to get it mounted and cooling but thanks to all the help I got from the Bit-Tech forum members I got it mounted and cooling!

Look at that lovely block! I really liked the look of the stock cooler but You have to agree, that block looks sweet!
    [​IMG]
    Right off the bat when I started mounting the block I ran into problems, I tried to unscrew all the screws of the stock cooler but allot of them would not come loose! In the end I ended up with 5 rounded out screw and had to drill them out! I was scared to hit anything that would result in a useless GPU.. But it turned out ok :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Putting everything into place, also bought some long sata cables and sata extenders to put the HDD's in the back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then things just got nasty, I started to fill up the loop and bleed everything. It all looked alright but suddenly I noticed a big pool of coolant around my CPU and VRM's :wallbash:
    Cleaned everything up, used a hairdryer and some cotton sticks to clean the tinny bits up and then waited for 6 houres to be sure it was dried up.
    It worked!
    [​IMG]

But not good... Temperatures where enormously bad! I had 90°C on the GPU and 70°C on CPU! :jawdrop:
    I tried to bleed everything, test the pump if it still worked fine and nothing was wrong. So I turned to the CPU block... This was the first block in my loop and after this the flow was just horrible..
    I opend the block, and came across a little surprise...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A fun week full of up and downsides but I finally have my lovely waterblock that I wanted for so long :clap:
    [​IMG]

Thanks again to everyone that helped me with my waterblock issues!
    ~Blade

Tags: