1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Deus Ex: Human Revolution ready to ship

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 27 Jul 2011.

1. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Usually yes, however this time theres been tons of in engine trailers. And all the live action trailer did was explain back story and make it clearer to me who "Purity First" are, plus it lead up to the Sarif Industries website being "hacked"..... Which was pretty cool.

Edit : In actual fact how are live action trailers any more fake than CG trailers that don't use the game engine? That must lead to more of a feeling of being cheated, as its unrepresentative of the game, but its not always clear its the case.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2011
  2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

As long as we all focus on what it is rather that what it isn't and that this will not be a rerun or an update of the original I have a positive hope that this will be good.
    As long as they have a better inventory system and an A.I. that doesn't ignore corpses.

3. seeds

seeds What's a Dremel?

My lovely Girlfriend pre ordered this the day it was put on Amazon for pre order. Although the States get it 3 or so early we get it on a bank holiday weekend. I have not looked forward to a game so much since... I'm not sure when, maybe the original Red Alert.

Now just to get the peevishly mentioned lovely girlfriend to complete Deus Ex.

-Seeds

4. Xir

Xir Modder

I ran out of interest in the original Deus Ex somewhere in Hong Kong...Mwah

5. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

My input on this news:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all

6. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

That's not what I said and not the point I was making.
    I loved the original, but as with an awful lot of these long awaited highly hyped games, player expatiation gets to such a point that it inevitably ends up with some big disappointments, it'll be the same for BF3 or HL3.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I hope the reviews match my high expectations.

8. jhng

jhng What's a Dremel?

Finally got round to pre-ordering it last night.

I really hope it will be good, although as Woodspoon implies it can be a bit of a lose/lose situation for a game like this. It rests on a historical classic but isn't close enough in time to be presented as an incremental evolution of the earlier game (like the GTA or Mass Effect games). Instead it needs to be presented as a revolution/reinvention of the earlier game (like Tim Russel Davies era Dr Who).

But when presenting the game as a revolution/reinvention the developer is then stuck between a rock and hard place: either they basically clone the earlier classic but with updated graphics whereupon everyone says 'nothing new here, the original did it better, this is out of date by a decade' (c.f. Duke Nukem Forever), or the developer evolves it and tries to make a modern game on similar themes whereupon everyone says 'I don't like it, they changed too much, it isn't as good as the original game' (c.f. Far Cry 2).

But it gives me a lot of hope that they put out the original game as a (so to speak) freebie with the Augmented Edition -- it suggests that they are not afraid of comparisons with the earlier game and actively want new players to consider playing the earlier game first.

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I am trying (and somewhat failing) not to get too excited incase they butcher the franchise with this game. But, but I WANT IT NOW!

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The more videos i see for this game the less i want to play it.

11. Shayper09

Shayper09 Swimming in Deionized.

BUYING.

Cannot wait :)

12. Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect What's a Dremel?

Has there been any talk about a demo for this game? Right after they announced the game a couple years ago I was following their forums almost religiously, but for the last year the news has been so "meh" I've stopped following it. Invisible War got a buy because of Deus Ex, but after everything this one's got to prove itself.

13. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! *bouncing up and down on chair*

...ahem, nope not fussed at all. Definitely unconcerned about being off work from the release date until the following week, quite conveniently :p

*prays to $diety* "Please don't let it be crap, please be better than Deus Ex 2".

14. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Taken the day off work, 4 realz!

15. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

What about the fortnight? :D I will be dead to the world when this game comes out

Tags: Add Tags